[download]Magic World NPC/Creature generator

Nick J.

Magic World NPC/Creature generator

A custom form-fillable NPC/Monster sheet for Magic World. The sheet uses javascript to auto-calculate several fields dynamically and also includes other features listed below

Main Features: (as of July 7th, 2018)

• Simplified skill list, with several custom fields
  • Sums total skill points Helps judge how powerful an NPC/Creature is at a glance.
  • Automatically Calculatates Things like: Hit Points, Major Would level, and characteristic rolls, most fields are editable.
  • Characteristic generator Select a species from the drop down menu and generate characteristics, notes, weapons, damage, etc. Every creature from the bestiary, plus the Abomination and Jack-in-the-Green from Advanced Sorcery.
  • Chaotic Features One-click random chaotic features pulled from the table in the book.
  • All buttons are invisible during printing.
  • Loot Generator Enter a treasure rank, click a button and your NPC/Creature has some walking money or a hoard.

If you notice any bugs or have any suggestions on how to improve the sheet post a comment and I'll take it under advisement.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Work proceeds.

Progress Report: Half of the critters in the bestiary are now coded into the dice roller/characteristic generator, plus I added a chaotic features button that you can play around with.

If you want access to the work-in progress version you can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rk1nubjjr7fmrf3/MagicWorld_CS_NPC.pdf?dl=0

At the current pace, I should hopefully have this done in a week or so. Post any bugs here if you find them and if you think of a feature, that would be helpful or useful, post it below as a comment and I'll see if I can embed it somehow.

(if you have a pdf editor like Adobe or Foxit Phantom that supports Adobe's Javascript implementation, the sheet is unlocked, so you can edit the scripts that control everything if you are so inclined).

Edited by Nick J.
  • Like 2

Big update:

Every creature in the bestiary (plus the abomination and Jack-in-the-green from Advanced Sorcery) are coded into the characteristic roller. Just select the creature from the drop-down menu and hit the button. Also included is a virtual 1d100, and a Chaotic Features button (all buttons are invisible during printing).

Next up: Some kind of wealth/equipment generator. I'm still debating how to implement it, so if anybody has any suggestions let me know. My first thought is to allow somebody to select a relative wealth-level then click a button that randomly generates some money and some appropriate equipment/hoard for the creature.