RQG Artifacts

Belgath

They look good.  I've never been to Gen Con.  Do items like these get allowed under the "items resembling fantasy weapons may be allowed" part of their Costumes & Weapons policy?

What really happened?  The only way to discover that is to experience it yourself.

9 hours ago, kaydet said:

@Roko Joko Have we really reached a point where wooden swords are too frightening?

A reasonably-skilled person with a full-contact wooden sword (e.g. a bokken, a high-end waster/beater, or similar) could probably kill (or hit hard enough to put as risk of dying) multiple people before being mobbed and brought down.  Somebody really skilled could probably have their own way until someone with a gun caught up to them.

A well-made wooden sword is a deadly weapon.

C'es ne pas un .sig

3 hours ago, g33k said:

A well-made wooden sword is a deadly weapon.

So is a broken off chair leg of whichever material, or any other impromptu item used in a fight (glass shards, for instance).

You could hide a functional weapon inside a rubber foam weapon. As the organizer of an event, there cannot be perfect security.

Sometimes I ask myself why doesn't US legislation create laws that allow unreasonable litigation to be litigated...

• Like 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

1 hour ago, Joerg said:

So is a broken off chair leg of whichever material, or any other impromptu item used in a fight (glass shards, for instance).

You could hide a functional weapon inside a rubber foam weapon. As the organizer of an event, there cannot be perfect security.

Sometimes I ask myself why doesn't US legislation create laws that allow unreasonable litigation to be litigated...

Moderator Hat: this forum is not the place to discuss the merits of US laws about weapons, or lack thereof. So let's stop right there.

Meanwhile, here are some great well-armed Khan of Khans cosplayers from Gen Con last year:

5ae8599f86967_KhanofKhanscosplaysgirls.thumb.jpg.defae098cc51934122d78a1b1cc6fae5.jpg

And @Belgath - looking forward to seeing yours this year!

Edited by MOB
  • Like 7

The two Children above are my Girls they had a great time at the Chaosium booth. And loved  playing  Khan of Khans game I think they want to go back there at lest 6 times to play the Game again. It’s a very fun family game. Worth picking up if you haven’t already. Going to sho My girls that Picture thanks for posting it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Belgath said:

Now the Suit of armor, sword and Shield I can definitely do and have it at Gen Con I was to use here armor Of the new cover But maybe I’ll do both.

A convincing lizard suit might be a stretch though...

• Like 1

Some more work done on the project. I’ll put copper pins in the sword handle. I’m thinking of putting the  characters family story from the RQG Etched into the sword. And pant the rune on to the 3 self bows I been working on. Any suggestions for the runes I should use for the 3 deferent stile Bowes. I will start working on the armor next week.

0C027EBE-41BC-4A7B-9A22-3BC0B8C365A6.jpeg

6FCDA0FA-5711-4298-B683-7214B2E7556E.jpeg

A6129AEA-932F-4D14-AE8D-31F9DE5052CA.jpeg

E810C572-CBC8-4729-9C1B-7A3930CF0F65.jpeg

F4224659-5CCE-4B9F-A1C5-C0F07C3C567D.jpeg

CEE76477-04F6-4587-BD9B-3CD219D1FC0E.jpeg

• Like 1

On 5/2/2018 at 4:02 AM, Belgath said:

Yeah the lizards Would be a no go, but maybe I could find a Barney the dinosaur suit out there and have it attack people that would be scary.

When thinking about how to make a potential "Revenge of the Trollkin" inverted life action trollball game, I had the weird idea to create a troll that might be dismembered along velcro seams from cushions filled with balloons. Something similar might be created with some kind of wicker (or wicker-like plastic) frame under textile with a thin latex coating (or such latex coated textile velcroed to a frame below). I would hate to have to transport such a contraption, however, even if most of it was inflatable/collapsible. But for posing purposes, it might come attached to a duplicate of the shield, with maybe a lightweight tent pole or two inside for support. No idea whether a cardboard 2D-reproduction of the lizard (possibly two layers, with a glove attached to the shield) might work for photo-shoots.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

15 hours ago, Belgath said:

Some more work done on the project. I’ll put copper pins in the sword handle. I’m thinking of putting the  characters family story from the RQG Etched into the sword. And pant the rune on to the 3 self bows I been working on. Any suggestions for the runes I should use for the 3 deferent stile Bowes. I will start working on the armor next week.

0C027EBE-41BC-4A7B-9A22-3BC0B8C365A6.jpeg

That's really great work.  Simple, but nicely done.

With a green bedsheet and cut cardboard tubes for the head and hands, even.

A world exists in which the iconic cover could be reproduced with a 10 year old cosplayer and Greg Stafford in a slarge costume.  Just saying.

• Like 2

What really happened?  The only way to discover that is to experience it yourself.

1 hour ago, Roko Joko said:

With a green bedsheet and cut cardboard tubes for the head and hands, even.

A world exists in which the iconic cover could be reproduced with a 10 year old cosplayer and Greg Stafford in a slarge costume.  Just saying.

You had me at "Greg Stafford in a slarge costume".

• Haha 2

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 3 months later...
On 5/2/2018 at 2:57 AM, Belgath said:

The two Children above are my Girls they had a great time at the Chaosium booth. And loved  playing  Khan of Khans game I think they want to go back there at lest 6 times to play the Game again. It’s a very fun family game. Worth picking up if you haven’t already. Going to sho My girls that Picture thanks for posting it. 

Belgath's girls back for more awesome RQG cosplay at Gen Con this year:

20180803_124128.thumb.jpg.3208f80d4be28af0896a7a0577b07fc6.jpg

20180803_124239.thumb.jpg.d14445fd244e3ce161bcd9c183df2acc.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5