RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha is Coming—Sign up and we'll let you know the moment it launches!

MOB

The new Chaosium edition of RUNEQUEST is coming soon! Sign up to be informed the moment the PDF comes on sale*.  

And as a special bonus for signing up now, we'll also give you exclusive early access to downloadable RQG content (art, wallpapers, the RQG character sheet) over the coming weeks!

kallyr-s-funeral-pyre-5-smaller.jpeg?t=1

*The PDF will be made available immediately so you can start your RQG adventures in Glorantha straightaway! And you will receive a coupon for the full cost of the PDF off the price of the hardback version when it is released later this year.

Art credit: "Kallyr's Funeral Pyre" by Andrey Fetisov

rq-standing-right-facing-mockup.png?t=15

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

• MOB featured and pinned this topic
3 minutes ago, Paid a bod yn dwp said:

Wow - so that’s Boldhome. Love it

I think this is the third representation of the huge brass brazier, there's the one in the Guide - The Apotheosis of Sartar:

tumblr_inline_nm7qu3V8aN1rw7v32_500.jpghttp://www.princeofsartar.com/comic/1-the-flame-of-sartar/

and in 

http://www.princeofsartar.com/comic/1-the-flame-of-sartar/

• Like 2

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

There's some excellent detail in the picture as it's high-res. Look at Orlanth and Ernalda on the lefthand side. Sadly obscured by the logo there are two smaller figures with them (likely Sartar and the Feathered Horse Queen).

Edited by David Scott
  • Like 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

2 minutes ago, David Scott said:

There's some excellent detail in the picture as it's high-res. Look at Orlanth and Ernalda on the lefthand side. Sadly obscured by the logo there are two smaller figures with them.

There is some very nice detail here - very reminiscent of ancient Sumerian art.  Behind Orlanth and Ernalda on the left hand detail seems to be a great pyramid - presumably the Spike.

I wonder if the two single figure panels flanking the brazier are Sartar (l) and possibly the Feathered Horse Queen (r - the head is hidden so can't be certain, though the skirt seems trimmed with yellow feathers).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jajagappa said:

There is some very nice detail here - very reminiscent of ancient Sumerian art.  Behind Orlanth and Ernalda on the left hand detail seems to be a great pyramid - presumably the Spike.

I wonder if the two single figure panels flanking the brazier are Sartar (l) and possibly the Feathered Horse Queen (r - the head is hidden so can't be certain, though the skirt seems trimmed with yellow feathers).

The skill of the artist is remarkable. I love the feeling it invokes. It’s epic and ancient and at the same time has a quiet calm beauty about the aesthetic which seems really appropriate to Glorantha - An emphasis on the beauty of the natural world (spiritual man!). Every shape is considered, noteably the flame and smoke from the pyre is brilliantly conceptualised. The atmospheric perspective creates a believable world without it having to be overly naturalistic. It’s an imaging that fits with what I’ve been looking for. I’m sold (yet again!) 

Hats off to Andrey fetisov, Mr Glorantha. I hope to see a lot more of his work in the new RuneQuest.

Edited by Paid a bod yn dwp

2 hours ago, David Scott said:

There's some excellent detail in the picture as it's high-res. Look at Orlanth and Ernalda on the lefthand side. Sadly obscured by the logo there are two smaller figures with them (likely Sartar and the Feathered Horse Queen).

We'll be sharing Andrey's full image sans the logo in high-res with people who sign up for the pre-release list.

797496758_ScreenShot2018-05-05at8_37_39am.png.7c5bd783651f62dcf5658ceadfd59d21.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Richard S. said:

Quick question: how often and how soon will we be getting some of the early access art and stuff?

I suspect that will be slightly imponderable... layout will be tweaking stuff, pinning it down, finalizing it.

Or maybe they DO have a schedule (in which case:  +1)

C'es ne pas un .sig

I like this interpretation of Boldhome, just goes to show all that Lunar propaganda about the Sartarites being uncivilised barbarians is fake news :) 

Having got a glimpse of the magnificent Boldhome, I’d love to see the artist depict a variety of  Orlanthi clan settlements in Sartar, for instance a return to Apple lane.

I’m guessing they won’t be wattle and daube Viking/Saxon long houses, but mostly square stead’s in the Ernaldan fashion, built from stone, perhaps rendered and whitewashed?  A bit more Mediterranean in feel?

Edited by Paid a bod yn dwp

On 5/5/2018 at 12:48 PM, Richard S. said:

Quick question: how often and how soon will we be getting some of the early access art and stuff?

We're still building the list, but next week we'll start sharing some of the early access stuff.

A couple of new images to go with the recruiting posts, (you may have seen them elsewhere):

hill-country-logo1.jpg?t=1525756674

"Hill Country" by Andrey Fetisov

civilized-troll-in-vale-of-flowers-logo.

"The Vale of Flowers" by Andrey Fetisov

• Like 4