RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha is Coming—Sign up and we'll let you know the moment it launches!

MOB

The book is beautiful; lovely work, Chaosium folks.

I'm just skimming, because I don't think my employer will accept "new RQ edition!" as a reason for me to miss work tomorrow, but so far I'm drooling and wishing I could sit up all night reading.

— 
Self-discipline isnt everything; look at Pol Pot.”
—Helen Fielding, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason

17 minutes ago, MOB said:

There is a link to a 16 page excerpt from the Bestiary on the RuneQuest product page that might help tide you over..

It looked really good as well - very very short though - is there a list of creatures that you would like to share that are incorporated in the bestiary. For example in the form of table of contents... 

Here's what's in the Elder Races Chapter: (sorry for not alphabetizing)

Aldryami (elves)
Dryads
Brown Elves
Green Elves
Yellow Elves
Black Elves
Blue Elves
Pixies
Runners
Baboons
Centaurs
Ducks
Fox Women
Manticores
Minotaurs
Satyrs
Dragonewts—First Stage: Crested
Dragonewts—Second Stage: Beaked
Dragonewts—Third Stage: Tailed Priest
Dragonewts—Fourth Stage: Full Priest
Dragonewts—Final Stage: Inhuman King
Giants
Gorillas
Maidstone Archers
Men-and-a-half
Morokanth
The Mostali (Dwarfs)
Gobblers
Jolanti
Nilmergs
Newtlings
Triolini
Ludoch
Tusk Riders
Great Trolls (UZ)
Mistress Race (Uz)
Trollkin (Uz)
Snow Trolls (Uzhim)
Cave Trolls (Romal)
Sea Trolls
Wind Children
Wolfbrothers

• Like 10

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

As for the other creatures in the Bestiary: (in book order, so many are grouped by type)

Broos, Bullsitches, Dancers in Darkness, Dragonsnails, Ghouls, Gorp, Harpies, Huan To, Jack O’Bears, Krarshtkids, Lesser Hydras, Ogres, Scorpion Men, Stoorworms, Vampires, Walktapi, Brollachans, Cliff Toads, Demi-Birds, Dinosaurs, Allosaurs, Ankylosaurs, Brontosaurs, Deinonychuses, Elasmosaurs, Hadrosaurs, Magisaurs, Pteranodons, Giant, Triceratopses, Tyrannosaurs, True Dragons, Dream Dragons, Gargoyles, Giant Eels, Giant Turtles, Griffins, Hippogriffs, Revenants, Rock Lizards, Skeletons, Sky Bulls, Unicorns, Water Lizards, Wyrms, Wyrms, Water, Wyverns, Zombies, Giant Antlions, Giant Beetles, Ham Beetles, Guard Beetles, Giant Centipedes, Giant Crabs, Tree Crabs, Giant Dragonfly, Giant Honeybees, Giant Praying Mantises, Giant Solpugids, Giant Spiders, Giant Wasps, Giant Ice Worms, Bears, Bloodbirds, Cattle, Crocodiles, Deer, Black-tailed Deer, Dogs, Elk, Giant Cranes, Horses, Cavalry Horses, Riding Horses, Warhorses, Specific Horse Breeds, Mules, Hyena, King Condors, Leaping Bear, Lions, Loper, Mammoth, Mastodons, Pig Dogs, Praxian Riding Animals, Bisons, Bolo Lizards, Herd-men, High Llamas, Impalas, Ostriches, Rhinoceroses, Sable Antelopes, War Zebras, Pumas, Rubble Runners, Saber-toothed Cats, ShadowCats, Snakes, Titanothere, Tuskers, Vrok Hawks, Great Vrok Hawks, Wild Boars, Wolves, Dire Wolves, Yaks, Runes, Disembodied Spirits, Animal Spirits, Demons, Disease Spirits, Healing Spirits, Nyctalopes, Plant Spirits, Genius loci, Ghosts, Guardian Spirits, Landscape Spirits, Nymphs, Sprul-pa, Voughs, Wyters, Kogui, Snake Daughters, Embodied Spirits, Air Elementals (Umbroli), Darkness Elementals (Dehori), Earth Elementals (Talosi), Fire Elementals (Urzani), Moon Elementals (Lunes), Moon Elementals (Selene), Water Elementals (Veredthi), Black Horses, Dehori: Babaka Fegh, Hell Hounds, Hollri, River Horses, Thunder Brothers, Whirlvishes, Wraiths, The Crimson Bat, Cwim, Spawn of Thed and the Devil, Chaos Gaggle, Fiends of Cacodemon

• Like 10

Hope that Helps,

Ok, after the anger of waiting I bought it today and must say, that the new Chaosium makes very shiny stuff. The PDF is great and is the best Runequest in Glorantha. So Mythras for historical stuff and Runequest for Glorantha. Thumb up for this! (Andshame for my anger)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Pentallion said:

So how do I claim my free copy?  I never heard back from Encounter Roleplay.  I suppose I should be patient, but that's a bit hard when the game is so tantalizingly close.  I'm tempted to just say screw the free pdf, I'd rather pay and get it right now.

No worries Pentallion. I also won a pdf copy from Encounter Roleplay and haven’t received it yet. I figure now that the NDa and such is done and it’s released it shouldn’t be much longer. Very tempted to buy it as well and give the copy to a friend.

Just downloaded a copy of the RQG core book. Yep this looks great. Very much an update to classic RQ.

Can't wait for the print copy release to really take a good look. I'll buy a print copy of this book, then wait and also get the three-book slipcase edition that includes the GM book and the Bestiary.

Going to look nice on the game store shelves (and in my bookcase!)

Edited by Mankcam
  • Like 1

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

11 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

As for the other creatures in the Bestiary: (in book order, so many are grouped by type)

[...] Tree Crabs, [...] Giant Ice Worms, [...] Nyctalopes, [...] Sprul-pa, [...] Kogui, [...] Babaka Fegh

Hmmm.

The Sprul-pa would be better known as Tupla.  I can guess as what what one or two others might be.

• MOB unpinned this topic
23 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

...Tree Crabs...

Explaining why there are so few half-elves in Glorantha.  It's not that Human/Aldryami mixes aren't fecund, it's the fear of the bloody Tree Crabs.  They're savage.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BWP said:

What's the % in Lair for a Crimson Bat?

100%, according to the old riddle:

Q - Where does the Crimson Bat make its lair?

A - Anywhere it f'ing wants to!!!

Edited by g33k

C'es ne pas un .sig

6 hours ago, BWP said:

What's the % in Lair for a Crimson Bat?

Depends entirely on how often you slay it, so it has to reform in its cave on the moon. Overall quite low, I would say.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

On 6/2/2018 at 3:39 AM, Mankcam said:

Just downloaded a copy of the RQG core book. Yep this looks great. Very much an update to classic RQ.

Can't wait for the print copy release to really take a good look. I'll buy a print copy of this book, then wait and also get the three-book slipcase edition that includes the GM book and the Bestiary.

Going to look nice on the game store shelves (and in my bookcase!)

Very good idea!

Do you know dates of print? I suppose the slipcase edition will be after the fisical basic book (GenCon)

• Like 1

Elder Races:The intelligent nonhumans of Glorantha are known collectively as the Elder Races. The Elder Races have their own histories and cultures, some far more ancient than humanity. 

Gorillas are ground-dwelling apes that inhabit forests in southern Genertela. They are quadrupeds but can walk and stand on their hind legs. They are sentient, but slow-witted compared to humans and baboons. The baboons claim that Gorilla was an ancient Hero, tricked out of his tail by Monkey. Gorillas sometimes engage in primitive ancestor worship akin to that of the Daka Fal cult. A few particularly bright gorillas have become bandits or even mercenaries in human lands.

• Like 1

Hope that Helps,

Great work Chaosium on the new edition of RuneQuest. I need to give it proper time to let it all sink in, but there’s no doubt you’ve made something very special here indeed. This is the first RuneQuest I’ve bought since RQ3 (ok I bought RuneQuest classic too). Great to see it back, both familiar and innovative. The writing and ideas are superb.  Andreys Glornathan art work is just amazing. Can’t wait to see the bestiary. There’s some other really talented artists on board too. 

Runes and passions are really going to bring an immersive experience to the game. Really like the simple alterations to combat too, though in truth there wasn’t much needed there, the balance you’ve achieved seems right. Thanks Chaosium look forward to buying everything!

1 hour ago, Rick Meints said:

Elder Races:The intelligent nonhumans of Glorantha are known collectively as the Elder Races. The Elder Races have their own histories and cultures, some far more ancient than humanity. 

Gorillas are ground-dwelling apes that inhabit forests in southern Genertela. They are quadrupeds but can walk and stand on their hind legs. They are sentient, but slow-witted compared to humans and baboons. The baboons claim that Gorilla was an ancient Hero, tricked out of his tail by Monkey. Gorillas sometimes engage in primitive ancestor worship akin to that of the Daka Fal cult. A few particularly bright gorillas have become bandits or even mercenaries in human lands.

I love baboons and their monkey myths. One of the first RQ2 characters my older brother made me play. 

Edited by Paid a bod yn dwp

• 1 month later...
On 6/1/2018 at 4:24 PM, Rick Meints said:

Broos, Bullsitches, Dancers in Darkness, Dragonsnails, Ghouls, Gorp, Harpies, Huan To, Jack O’Bears, Krarshtkids, Lesser Hydras, Ogres, Scorpion Men, Stoorworms, Vampires, Walktapi, Brollachans, Cliff Toads, Demi-Birds, Dinosaurs, Allosaurs, Ankylosaurs, Brontosaurs, Deinonychuses, Elasmosaurs, Hadrosaurs, Magisaurs, Pteranodons, Giant, Triceratopses, Tyrannosaurs, True Dragons, Dream Dragons, Gargoyles, Giant Eels, Giant Turtles, Griffins, Hippogriffs, Revenants, Rock Lizards, Skeletons, Sky Bulls, Unicorns, Water Lizards, Wyrms, Wyrms, Water, Wyverns, Zombies, Giant Antlions, Giant Beetles, Ham Beetles, Guard Beetles, Giant Centipedes, Giant Crabs, Tree Crabs, Giant Dragonfly, Giant Honeybees, Giant Praying Mantises, Giant Solpugids, Giant Spiders, Giant Wasps, Giant Ice Worms, Bears, Bloodbirds, Cattle, Crocodiles, Deer, Black-tailed Deer, Dogs, Elk, Giant Cranes, Horses, Cavalry Horses, Riding Horses, Warhorses, Specific Horse Breeds, Mules, Hyena, King Condors, Leaping Bear, Lions, Loper, Mammoth, Mastodons, Pig Dogs, Praxian Riding Animals, Bisons, Bolo Lizards, Herd-men, High Llamas, Impalas, Ostriches, Rhinoceroses, Sable Antelopes, War Zebras, Pumas, Rubble Runners, Saber-toothed Cats, ShadowCats, Snakes, Titanothere, Tuskers, Vrok Hawks, Great Vrok Hawks, Wild Boars, Wolves, Dire Wolves, Yaks, Runes, Disembodied Spirits, Animal Spirits, Demons, Disease Spirits, Healing Spirits, Nyctalopes, Plant Spirits, Genius loci, Ghosts, Guardian Spirits, Landscape Spirits, Nymphs, Sprul-pa, Voughs, Wyters, Kogui, Snake Daughters, Embodied Spirits, Air Elementals (Umbroli), Darkness Elementals (Dehori), Earth Elementals (Talosi), Fire Elementals (Urzani), Moon Elementals (Lunes), Moon Elementals (Selene), Water Elementals (Veredthi), Black Horses, Dehori: Babaka Fegh, Hell Hounds, Hollri, River Horses, Thunder Brothers, Whirlvishes, Wraiths, The Crimson Bat, Cwim, Spawn of Thed and the Devil, Chaos Gaggle, Fiends of Cacodemon

Great but where’s the River of Cradles Mudshark? 

On 7/10/2018 at 5:11 PM, Paid a bod yn dwp said:

Great but where’s the River of Cradles Mudshark? 

Bestiary 2, or in the mud of the River of Cradles, take your pick.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here