Don't lick the duck!

MOB

Yah, you might get a fowl and fully-fledged mallardy, have to be medi-vacced by a Huey and then be stuck with an enormous medical bill from some quack. And who knows where that duck has been; you could get a dirty duck pawned off on you. Licking a duck can be a real downer and can lower the egg-spectations you have for the nest of your life, sort of like licking a cane toad. So it's a pretty daffy thing to do, even for the dewey-eyed youths in Japan and even in the mad climate of the age of the Donald. 

I'm so sorry! What was I thinking?

Apologies.

Evilroddy.

Edited by Evilroddy
  • Haha 1

Definitely not what it's quacked up to be.. sorta fowl.

Say no to censorship

• "Did he say he was a Rune Lord or that he knew one?"
  • "Go, and never darken my towels again."
  • "Ach Crimmens! Ye smited me...ye craven. Worra, worra. What would me Mum say?"

• 4 weeks later...

The funny thing is there's nothing wrong with the translation as such: in Japanese, "not licking" somebody is a way of saying not to mess with them (dunno if it's intentional feature of the language or just a weird accident. Probably the former). I must say I'd prefer the licking too, the current translation is way too bookish. And you don't learn not to lick a duck before you've had to go home with a mouth full of feathers.

• Like 1