Other Runes

Jolt

The 

5 hours ago, Ali the Helering said:

and I do not for one second believe you can have overly specific mythologies if you want to approach RW religious complexity. 

The problem is that once you try to enshrine that complexity in the rules,  it’s hard to do so without actually simplifying it by ascribing to it a level of consistency. Ie once you write down rules for every subcult, as Hero Wars attempted, you are implying that those sub cults are relatively consistent, rather than a constantly evolving tapestry of evolving variations. I much prefer a level of inconsistency where we have lists of sub-cults etc, but free to use than as inspirational variation rather than the Hero Wars collection of minor runes giving us a lot more names in the main divine taxonomy, but making it more rigid and codified in the process. I certainly want a rich Gloranthan mythology that approaches RW complexity -but I don’t think having character abilities chosen from bigger lists of divine names each with a rune and a set list of feats is the best way to achieve that. 

1 hour ago, davecake said:

The 

The problem is that once you try to enshrine that complexity in the rules,  it’s hard to do so without actually simplifying it by ascribing to it a level of consistency. Ie once you write down rules for every subcult, as Hero Wars attempted, you are implying that those sub cults are relatively consistent, rather than a constantly evolving tapestry of evolving variations. I much prefer a level of inconsistency where we have lists of sub-cults etc, but free to use than as inspirational variation rather than the Hero Wars collection of minor runes giving us a lot more names in the main divine taxonomy, but making it more rigid and codified in the process. I certainly want a rich Gloranthan mythology that approaches RW complexity -but I don’t think having character abilities chosen from bigger lists of divine names each with a rune and a set list of feats is the best way to achieve that. 

YGWV. I think we must agree to differ