I'm curious about something. I have been hooked on the web animation RWBY for a while now, to the point that I'm wondering what a Superworld/BRP game in that setting would look like. 

The main challenge is that characters in RWBY are almost impossible to kill. Not totally impossible (some heroes do die), but most of the time they can absorb terrific amounts of damage and shrug it off. Deadly weapons, when used against the sort of characters who might be used as PCs, are frequently inadequate to the task. In one season-ending episode, the main viewpoint character takes two bullets to the gut and several hard blows to the head, and not only does she survive but she is barely if at all impaired -- remaining fully conscious while the person inflicitng all the damage continues to kick her in the head and taunt her about how he is a natural survivor (before being swallowed by a monster in one gulp). This is a sixteen-year-old girl.

On the other hand, another character in the same episode is shot through the heart with an arrow and manages to force out some last words before being cremated alive by her assailant, And one of the heroines does in fact lost her right forearm in combat. Still, people bull through things they should have no business surviving at all.

That's why I put it in this section as opposed to, say, standard BRP's section. Without a familiarity with superpowers or a means of controlling lethality, the setting breaks down pretty quickly. And it would be a shame if it did, because it's a wonderfully colorful setting that combined over-the-top action, intriguing opportunities for roleplaying and character development, and a well-defined mythology that provides a lot of freedom of action for player-characters.

There is also opportunity for comedy as well. RWBY Chibi, a comedic spin-off of about three-minute collections of sketches, is one of my favorite anti-depressants. I's hard to be mad at the world when watching ruby rose (the character who took all that harm in my example) struggle to bake cookies, finally succeed against all odds, and find she made them too big to dunk in milk....

So the question remains: how do you make PCs capable of withstanding the punishment this setting dishes out when generic NPCs and monster can't? (Significant NPCs, of course, are just as durable as player-characters).

I would start with SIZ+CON hit points and ridiculous amounts of Armor vs. kinetic attacks.  That way characters can survive outrageous physical punishment and keep going.  Throw in some Defense levels to increase their likelihood of avoiding attacks -- "You just missed me!"  If I remember correctly, the RBWY crew are pretty acrobatic as well as tough.

... and maybe some powers from Superworld or derived parts of the BGB ...

Semblances would be a function of Powers. Things like Phyrra's "polarity"  manipulation is a prime example. While not at the level of, say, Magneto, she is able to do interesting magnetism tricks (including one that went a LOT farther than she had intended). Other people have semblances that defy definition. (One example is Velvet, from the experienced "Team CFVY", who built a camera that enables her to duplicate the appearance and effect of any weapon or set of weapons she manages to get a "picture" of, even if it was hidden or not in use when she took the image.)

for Senechal's question, it may take a while. If someone had a spreadsheet for making Superworld characters that can be modified somewhat, that would help a lot.