Sign in to follow this  
André  Roy

A Couple quick questions about Pirates & DRagons

Quick little FYI before starting, while looking around yesterday I'ver noticed that the Cakebread & Walton main website was closed (Suspended Account to be more specific).

Long story short, for next year (May 2019),  I'm considering running a Pirates & Dragons game for Cangames 2019. I'm planning a Small group of Gaul Privateers exploring an island with the usual problems that goes with it.

What I was curious to know is:

1) Any chance that "Island of Tortuga" would be out by then? Although not mandatory, It would help flesh out some element of the adventure.

2) A bit of a Hail Mary, but has the P&D Character Sheet been translated (un)officially into French? I'm planning ot do one running in English anfd one in French and that would help

• Like 1

Hi Andre,

The website is down - and will remain down. It seemed a bit anachronistic in its form (it was still at ClockworkandChivalry.co.uk) and we have been slack updating it. We can still be found here, on social media (there is a Google+ OneDice group and C&W and Renaissance & OneDice Facebook pages). We are continuing to trade on Drivethru and in stores via our publishers (Studio 2). We might put up a simpler to run website with a more general C&W domain name, when we can get to it. 

We have, as I've recently posted on the Kickstarter site, had a tough few years. Long story short, Ken has been increasingly unwell over that time.

He has since been found to have had colon cancer, which has been successfully removed, but he'll still be out of action as he has to receive chemotherapy for the next nine months. So all the best for his recovery!

In the meantime, I couldn't do the technical side of things and Gary, who can, has been very busy. I had been doing some f/t maternity cover, but now Ken has had his op, I have gone back to working almost f/t for Cakebread & Walton. I have also just started to learn how to do layout myself too, so even if I can't do all of the processes, I can put most of the book interiors together to speed things up (I started filing in the first section of Hobbes:Leviathan yesterday and it certainly looks like a book in the making!). Hopefully we'll have more coming out soon. I have a few half-done projects (I mean really half or more done - 100,000's of words of stuff!), Tales of Tortuga included. I'm sorry it has been so delayed - but in the end I wrote all of Curious Creatures and much of The Winter of the World RPG, which Ken was originally going to lead on. I'll try to keep people posted and 2019 isn't beyond the pale of possibility for the book.

So apologies for any confusion and uncertainty. My bad, but I have been juggling rather too many balls!

We haven't got a French translation, anyone else?

Btw, my regular gaming group is about to start a P&D campaign - and I'm down as a player rather than running it.

Cheers, Peter

• Like 2

Ouch, tough year indeed. Well at least I glad the operation went well and wish Ken a quick recovery (my family has been struck with cases of cancer, so I do understand fully).

And quite understandable things got behind, but for those wonderful product, I can wait no problem...it just gives me more time to think about and write down my adventure seed.

Worse case I can always do my own French character sheet, I'm actually pretty good at it (however if you were to have a character sheet in Word format that would be easier for me to translate than a PDF).

Sounds like fun, and if only I were closer, I'd be tempted (unfortunately, I'm in Canada and my computer is about 15 years old...so most video/VTT options are not always reliable).

Regards, 

André 

• Like 1

Please pass along our best wishes, prayers, visualizations of golden healing light, and/or whatever else will lift Ken's spirits and fit within his own personal spirtuality/ethos.  I'm sure the fan-base is diverse enough that all of that and more will be coming his way!

Meanwhile please accept both congratulations & sympathies for your own overburdened logistical situation and how well you are managing it.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, DavetheLost said:

P&D at Cangames might tempt me to go again.  I'm only 90 minutes away.

Well, start your Cangames budget...it will happen (one running in each of Canada's Official Languages)...oh and bring friends too: The more the merrier!

And I usually go for tables of up to 8 players, and if the request is there, I might do a third running in English.

I just need to take time this weekend and prepare my rough draft and the write like the Dickens over the next few months.

Edited by André Roy
  • Like 2