shosuro91

7th Edition Errata and Revisions

11 hours ago, tendentious said:

In the Gate spell, the description reads "Creation of a Gate requires the permanent expenditure of POW in a sacrifice equal to the log to base 10 of the distance the Gate connects in miles multiplied by five."

Firstly, this seems ambiguously phrased. Do you take the distance in miles, multiply that figure by 5, then calculate the log of that number? From the table apparently not (but see below), but restating the sentence into something like "...POW in a sacrifice equal to five times the log to base 10 of the distance the Gate connects in miles." or even just adding a comma to the original sentence after the word "miles" would clarify the meaning.

Secondly, my knowledge of maths is limited, but a Gate connecting a distance of 100 miles (as per the table) should cost 10 POW, not 5 - the log of 100 is 2, multiplied by 5 is 10. Every distance entry on the table should be shifted down one, and the top line (POW 5) should be for a distance of 10 miles.

Apologies if this has been commented upon before; I couldn't find a previous posting addressing the issue. Also, please point out if I've made an obvious mathematical error.

Or correct the text to "Creation of a Gate requires the permanent expenditure of POW in a sacrifice equal to the log to base 10 of the distance the Gate connects in miles, minus one (to a minimum of one), multiplied by five." This keeps the table intact.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 11:23 PM, Dethstrok9 said:

Although for some reason I can't create an account at Yog Sothoth...

Did this ever get fixed? I can send a PM to Paul of Cthulhu if it helps?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, rsanford said:

Did this ever get fixed? I can send a PM to Paul of Cthulhu if it helps?

Now it won't even come up when I search for it...

Evidently YSDC is only open to applications for new memberships on Mondays. No, I'm not kidding. No, I don't know why. So next Monday try stopping by setting up an account. No, I don't know how you do that. And no, this doesn't seem like a very rational way to host an allegedly important arena for discussion of Lovecraftian games and fiction.

https://www.yog-sothoth.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kross said:

Evidently YSDC is only open to applications for new memberships on Mondays. No, I'm not kidding. No, I don't know why. So next Monday try stopping by setting up an account. No, I don't know how you do that. And no, this doesn't seem like a very rational way to host an allegedly important arena for discussion of Lovecraftian games and fiction.

https://www.yog-sothoth.com/

Thank you, I will try on Monday morning then:)

Okay then. I am 16, so they won't allow me to join.

A site about a game. Won't allow kids. Interesting:)

Edited by Dethstrok9
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Dethstrok9 said:

Have you tried lying about your age?

Obviously, as a responsible adult, I couldn't condone such things, but I hear that it happens sometimes.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Dethstrok9 said:

A site about a game. Won't allow kids. Interesting:)

I have no particular stroke with yog-Sothoth.com but I am a patron. Let me put in a good word for you with Paul. You would make a great member!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, rsanford said:

I have no particular stroke with yog-Sothoth.com but I am a patron. Let me put in a good word for you with Paul. You would make a great member!

Thank you. If it doesn't work out, I will just wait until the stars align...

1 hour ago, Dethstrok9 said:

Thank you. If it doesn't work out, I will just wait until the stars align...

Dethstrok email me your real name and the user ID you want at yog-Sothoth.com and I will reach out to Paul. My email is rsanford@pobox.com. But realize this is probably a long shot...

• Like 1

I agree that it would benefit the community to allow interested members to take part in discussions relating to the game. Surely if any content needs to be age restricted, sub-forums with passwords could be created for that purpose.

Edited by smithh65
incorrect tab
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all very much for the kind words and support, I really appreciate it and frikin love this community:)

I'm pretty sure they changed the requirements as I now entered the strange realm known only to the Great sorcerers... 

8 hours ago, Dethstrok9 said:

I'm pretty sure they changed the requirements as I now entered the strange realm known only to the Great sorcerers... 

Or reaching out here actually worked.

• Like 1

I have a question:
The Grand Grimoire of Cthulhu Mythos Magic, p. 191, Wrath of Pazzuzu spell: "each bolt deals..."

And I don't see any statement about making multiple bolts. So, can this spel produce multiple bolts, and if yes, how exactly?

4 hours ago, trileo said:

I have a question:
The Grand Grimoire of Cthulhu Mythos Magic, p. 191, Wrath of Pazzuzu spell: "each bolt deals..."

And I don't see any statement about making multiple bolts. So, can this spel produce multiple bolts, and if yes, how exactly?

The base spell creates one bolt. You may choose to create a deeper magic version where multiple bolts are created. 

• Like 1

On 3/22/2020 at 10:29 AM, trystero said:

Or correct the text to "Creation of a Gate requires the permanent expenditure of POW in a sacrifice equal to the log to base 10 of the distance the Gate connects in miles, minus one (to a minimum of one), multiplied by five." This keeps the table intact.

Either way, something needs fixing!