Sci-Fi rpg I'm looking forward too.

Dredj

Guest Vile Traveller

I wonder what's keeping Translight, actually, because I was under the impression that MJD had indicated it was due out any day. The setting certainly looks interesting, although I haven't seen that much of the rules apart from some early playtest files. MJD is known to be fond of percentile dice, though. ;)

I wonder what's keeping Translight, actually, because I was under the impression that MJD had indicated it was due out any day. The setting certainly looks interesting, although I haven't seen that much of the rules apart from some early playtest files. MJD is known to be fond of percentile dice, though. ;)

Err, his RPG writing is secondary to his work as a freelance writer, and his writing on Translight etc is secondary to his paid RPG writing (for Mongoose Traveller)?

I'm not super excited about Translight, as my impression is that whilst its roots are in BRP it has diverged a fair bit: I'm more interested in Far Avalon, the setting, albeit I have quite enough settings as it is if I'm honest.

Cheers,

Nick

I can't wait for it because there's not much in the way of hard sf out there. I'm more into survival horror and a game that can combine rules that make the environment just as dangerous as the monsters that are faced--and it's in space!--is something that interests me quite a bit. I look forward to my characters battling it out in varying degrees of gravity. Plus the satisfaction of shooting the bad guys out of an airlock with very well researched effects of vacuum to dessicate (and whatnot) the bad guy. It just adds more realism.

I haven't heard back from the creator's of Translight, yet. If anyone else wants to contact them, please do.

I am thinking of starting to campaigns right now.

Silent Death. Lock and load your trusty Assault Blaster and start to cleanse your homeworld from the grubs.

Silent Death

Battletech under the Jihad era, freetraders/mercenarys. Think Firefly/Serenity.

Battletech

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.