RQG Character Creation Spreadsheet (multi-lingual) now includes Weapons & Equipment! And 日本語!

PhilHibbs

I was just about to release 1.9.7 Beta 2 when I found a couple of bugs bugs.

• Plant rune does not swap in in place of Beast rune for Aldryami characters.
  • Yelm does not get the Spirit and Rune spell pick lists populated. You can work around this by setting the Cult to "Yelm" first and clicking the button to get the skills, then change it to "Yem" and click again to populate the spells, then change it back to "Yelm" again. Or, un-hide the "CultSpells" tab and fix it there.

v1.9.7 Beta 2: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l0Cm8aeNAjaCbq_Ca9DAhG_TXCUZTmwgapwznVUR0sE

• Fixed spelling of "Yelm" in the list of values that fills in the pick list of spells.
  • Added "Swap Values" to the RuneQuest menu. Select two cells and run this command, the values will be exchanged.
  • Added a image.png.40e5d8161c9fba5cd3b3bdde98ca3077.png button in a few places. Selecting a cell and clicking this will prompt for a value, and that value will be added to the cell if it is already blank or numeric. So if a cell already contains "37" and you enter "6", it will set the cell to 43. Rejects if a non-numeric cell is selected.
  • Added columns to calculate critical, special, and fumble chances for runes and passions.
  • Race-specific Perception skills area, so Elves get "Special (Elfsense)", Uz get Darksense Search and Scan variants, and others reclaim the space for more Lore skills. WARNING: This does not play well with sorted skill lists. If you sort the skills, then this functionality may well mess up the skills visible on the character sheet. Not much I can do about that. Workaround: Select race first, click the button above Assign, then translate and sort.
  • Added a column to keep track of temporary bonuses to skills, such as Bladesharp, Sword Trance, or augments. CharGen sheet has columns that calculate the special and critical chances for modified skills.
  • Added a new "Rule" to swap out the Sorcery skill list for a Notes area. Not really a rule, but it uses the same mechanism so I put it with the rule changes.
  • Introduced a new colour. Blue cells are cells that can be entered manually, but also might be calculated or filled in automatically. Green cells are only entered manually, these are the main areas that you will be entering things into.
Edited by PhilHibbs

Bug.

• Sorting skills messes up in the Knowledge and Perception sections. This is because I have space for 7 Lore skills in the CharGen tab, but a variable number in the CharSheet depending on which Perception section is in use. Humans have space for all the Lore skills, Aldryami need to skip one to make space for Special (Elfsense), Uz and Mostali need to skip two to make sense for the two Darksense and Earthsense skills. Lining up which skills are skipped is tricky and breaks when the translation is done, as it is positional.

For now I recommend not using the sorting feature. If you look at the cell references in the Knowledge and Perception sections, then you might be able to fix it yourself. Each skill name is just a cell reference to the CharGen tab, so you can just pick which cell shows which skill. I will have a think about how I can fix the sorting and readjust the skill cell references automatically.

v1.9.8 Beta 1: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JtuxWOaioNvRk1iNpm49_hI0L0QONCci38FkEfaHZfg

• Fixed the skill sorting! If you translate the sheet into another language, you can click the button at the top of the "Skill" column (BG) and get them sorted into your language's alphabetical order. Works for all the racial variant skill lists such as the Darksense, Earthsense, and Elfsense skills. WARNING: Pick the race and click the button in column F BEFORE you sort them.
  • Extended the CharSheet to fit two pages of A4, and added a section for a companion. Derived attributes are not calculated automatically, and there's space for 8 skills which could also be used for spells or runes.
  • Added a few "OH" weapon variants for off-hand weapons, feel free to add any more like this to the Weapons tab if for example you want to have an off-hand club skill or something like that, just copy the regular one and set the base to 5%. 
Edited by PhilHibbs
  • Like 1

v1.9.9 Beta 1: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b-qkTHA3LUTpQ_SlOTjhVyazPKDZpjRwSo_WDNmL5FU

• Hungarian (Magyar) support is complete for all game terms, thanks László Bakk! The only things that will not be translated yet are the family history events, and some of the instructions.
  • Translation now supports the RuneQuest menu, although I have not yet entered translation terms for those. If anyone is interested in contributing translations for French, German, Spanish, or Hungarian, please let me know. I also still need the spell list translating into Spanish.
Edited by PhilHibbs

• PhilHibbs changed the title to RQG Character Creation Spreadsheet (multi-lingual) now includes Hungarian (Magyar)!

A warning for anyone using the Spanish translation, and who is using the "Copy from previous versions".

The older version of the sheet had different translations for the skill names, e.g. Fast Talk was "Habla Fluida", but the official translation is "Charlatanería".

If you have translated the sheet, and sorted the skills into Spanish alphabetical order, and you use the "Copy from previous version", then the skill values will not be transferred. This is because they are done by position, not by name.

Workaround:

• Translate both sheets back into English.
  • Sort the skills alphabetically.
  • Use the "Copy from previous version" to transfer the skills to the new version of the sheet.
  • Translate into Spanish.
  • Sort the skills.
Edited by PhilHibbs

v1.9.10 Alpha 1: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16HvMd27ag2x21cmEpD5a5eoo_7l47SaBYzp7zOUFp98

• Thrown weapons now have half damage bonus calculated in. Every weapon in the Weapons tab now has a damage bonus type, indicating which one to include, "Damage Bonus" or "Damage Bonus Thrown".
  • Dwarf perception skill block fixed.
Edited by PhilHibbs

• 2 weeks later...

Bug in 1.9.9, don't know if 1.9.10 is affected:

• There's something wrong with skill tick boxes. Sometimes they get overwritten with numbers, and if the skills are sorted in another language, some of the tick boxes don't work.
Edited by PhilHibbs

Yes, it did affect 1.9.10 Alpha 1.

Fixed!

v1.9.10 Alpha 2:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kL8JXJHD0J39tUDJHYRWRdrZj1wk_Ho0hYD_HDBtk3I

• Fixed the skill tick boxes in knowledge and perception skill sections. If you have used the bugged version, just paste a tick box copied from somewhere else over each one.
Edited by PhilHibbs

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bugs

• If a cell is filled in with a value such as "1-3", e.g. for the number of Rune Points that can be used to cast a spell, then this becomes a date such as 1/3/2021 if it is copied across to a newer version of the sheet. (Actually, in my case it was always a date but the format was set to d-m so I never noticed!)
  • Location AP are not transferred when copying across to a newer version of the sheet.
Edited by PhilHibbs

14 hours ago, PhilHibbs said:

If a cell is filled in with a value such as "1-3", e.g. for the number of Rune Points that can be used to cast a spell, then this becomes a date such as 1/3/2021 if it is copied across to a newer version of the sheet. (Actually, in my case it was always a date but the format was set to d-m so I never noticed!)

If you enter "1-3" in a cell, the value is converted to an int for the date. (If you c&p values only you will get the int.) You can stop the conversion to an int by entering "'1-3" with a single quote before the text to display. (The initial single quote does not display.) And should then be able to c&p as a text string.

(In Excel you can also set the cell format to text (not general) before entering the "1-3" but I've found it unpredictable. Don't know if that works for Google sheets.)

On 8/25/2021 at 12:28 PM, Nick Underwood said:

If you enter "1-3" in a cell, the value is converted to an int for the date. (If you c&p values only you will get the int.) You can stop the conversion to an int by entering "'1-3" with a single quote before the text to display. (The initial single quote does not display.) And should then be able to c&p as a text string.

(In Excel you can also set the cell format to text (not general) before entering the "1-3" but I've found it unpredictable. Don't know if that works for Google sheets.)

Yes I should have entered it as '1-3

v1.19.10 Beta 3: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uN0KAhyP5jCQMhJHZjeFFKL9-3NTKy4Ir5E-_vz35V0

• Added Arms & Equipment weapons, including translations for French, German, & Spanish.
  • Fixed an issue where translating from one language to another to another would leave some terms in the last language for which I have a translation. It now leaves them in English. Mostly affects weapons in Hungarian and spells in Spanish.

Known Issues:

• Some translations are still missing.
  • Stats for shields from Arms & Equipment are missing, as the PDF currently lacks the table.
Edited by PhilHibbs