Jump to content
PhilHibbs

RQG Character creation spreadsheet

Recommended Posts

v1.9.4 Beta 1: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W7_VCCvzULrC2if_U6udGIt6hHK6w4RiZyRAjMN0QOU/edit?usp=sharing

  • Added all the Spirit and Rune spells to the translation sheet
  • French translations added for all spells (thanks @sireRage)
  • Formatted CharSheet for printing and added HP and MP tracks
  • Adjusted widths and positioning of spell columns, added points columns for spirit and rune
  • Removed Enc 1 for Claw natural weapon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firstly, I've promoted the latest version from beta to release, the only change is I had the numbers and % the wrong way around for the second column of passions.

Secondly, this is an opportunity for a shameless bump for the benefit of folks that are starting new games with the release of the slipcase, and want an online tool to help create and track their characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

v1.9.5: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12RHsYJeJw8NtSubDE--MENwd6rhfZVe-9WgFeG52cwM/edit?usp=sharing

  • Corrections to French translation based on the quickstart (thanks again @sireRage)
  • Beginning of German translation based on the quickstart (thanks @Joerg and @Oracle)
    Only the core game terms are translated to German so far, the instruction text, family background, cultures, occupations, weapons, and spell names are not done yet
Edited by PhilHibbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Shiningbrow said:

Is there any chance these files can be in a place other than googledocs??

Thx

They aren't files as such, they are Google Sheets objects. They may be partially functional if converted to ODS spreadsheets, but the macros would almost certainly not work as I think the macro language is JavaScript with Google's spreadsheet library. Some of the formulae might be a little bit broken as well. I will have a go and see how functional it is, and I might upload a version to the forum at the week-end.

I don't think there is an alternative free online spreadsheet tool out there that can compete with Google's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PhilHibbs said:

They aren't files as such, they are Google Sheets objects. They may be partially functional if converted to ODS spreadsheets, but the macros would almost certainly not work as I think the macro language is JavaScript with Google's spreadsheet library. Some of the formulae might be a little bit broken as well. I will have a go and see how functional it is, and I might upload a version to the forum at the week-end.

I don't think there is an alternative free online spreadsheet tool out there that can compete with Google's.

I confirm that macros don't work when saved as .ods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bummer :(

I don't want Googledocs for a few reasons... not least of all because I'm currently in China, and google requires VPN to work... and that's very iffy.

Also, it means needing an account (I don't like having too many accounts, and Google isn't my friend), and requires constant internet access (ie, not as easily transportable as I'd like). Not having a version I can carry around on my and update any time I feel like it is annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Done.

Known issues

  • None of the macros work, so fill in your dice rolls or characteristics, skill details, and culture/occupation/cult/personal choices manually.
  • Check boxes do not work, so put in a 1 next to the five enhancement spells (cells AA12-AA16) in order to get the small numbers to show.
  • Check boxes for skills and runes are just a cell border so are not very easy to see.
Edited by PhilHibbs
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PhilHibbs said:

Done.

Known issues

  • None of the macros work, so fill in your dice rolls or characteristics, skill details, and culture/occupation/cult/personal choices manually.
  • Check boxes do not work, so put in a 1 next to the five enhancement spells (cells AA12-AA16) in order to get the small numbers to show.
  • Check boxes for skills and runes are just a cell border so are not very easy to see.

Many many many thanks!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phil, thanks so much for having done such a tremendous amount of work. The crunchier the system, the more work to automate character gen and the more benefit it gives to all the users. 

I might do my own mod to auto-generate the grandparent and parent history. Although I like the history, I really don't like having to manually go through a printed algorithm. Was there something in particular that made you not add this option?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Singemonkey said:

Phil, thanks so much for having done such a tremendous amount of work. The crunchier the system, the more work to automate character gen and the more benefit it gives to all the users. 

I might do my own mod to auto-generate the grandparent and parent history. Although I like the history, I really don't like having to manually go through a printed algorithm. Was there something in particular that made you not add this option?

I couldn't think of a good way of representing the event chains.

I suppose that part could be manual, with a click button to roll on each table, the modifiers shouldn't be too hard to encode. I was a little wary of how much text I should copy-paste into the spreadsheet, as all that text is Chaosium copyright.

Edited by PhilHibbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...