Updates to PDF purchased through Chaosium.com?

trystero

For those of us who purchased the PDF through Chaosium.com, how will we know when there are updated/corrected versions available?

OneBookShelf (DriveThruRPG, RPGNow!, _etc._) sends e-mail when a purchased title has been updated; does Chaosium do the same thing?

Thanks!

• Like 3

— 
Self-discipline isnt everything; look at Pol Pot.”
—Helen Fielding, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason

13 minutes ago, Yelm's Light said:

And?  Bookmark it and go to the page every month or two, or when it might be relevant (i.e., before kicking off a campaign).

As opposed to good customer service? Your right clearly it costs drivethrurpg so much effort they’re haemorrhaging money.

However as it they’re not even a date on the product page.

Love the books, don’t want to randomly download them every several weeks.

“Fe Godwn ni eto”

”Yma o hyd”

”Cymru rydd”

2 minutes ago, HorusArisen said:

As opposed to good customer service? Your right clearly it costs drivethrurpg so much effort they’re haemorrhaging money.

However as it they’re not even a date on the product page.

Love the books, don’t want to randomly download them every several weeks.

For something that takes about as much effort as getting a cup of coffee?

Sure, let's have Chaosium wasting their time on this instead of focusing on releases.

So essentially you’re  saying give my money to drivethrurpg?

Better customer service and cheaper?  Well cheaper and able to implement a simple tech update.

Shame as I really like supporting companies directly. Particularly when they deserve it for their excellent work on the products.

“Fe Godwn ni eto”

”Yma o hyd”

”Cymru rydd”

I posted in the other thread as well:

I'd note that I purchased the main Call of Cthulhu 7th edition titles through Chaosium and as they've updated the pdf, I have regularly received notice of that via email, and you can subsequently go and download the revised pdf.  I have had no issue with this (and they actually use drivethrurpg for readily providing the content).  

At some point there will likely be an errata thread for RQG as there is here for Call of Cthulhu: 

https://basicroleplaying.org/topic/5988-errata-updates/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, HorusArisen said:

Thanks for the helpful responses 👍

I agree chaosium have great customer service, any suggestion otherwise was a sarcastic response to an unhelpful poster.

Funny how no one but you had problem with it.  I was trying to help everyone, just not trying to help you...especially when you're being a snot about it.  Sorry if you don't like that, but not really.

Edited by Yelm's Light
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Jeff said:

We send out notice of updates via email. We haven't updated the pdf since it was released on Friday, but we'll let folk know when we do.

Thanks Jeff, wasn’t expecting anything for a while just good to know how it’s done by you guys. And again great book, I look forward to the next two instalments.

“Fe Godwn ni eto”

”Yma o hyd”

”Cymru rydd”

4 hours ago, HorusArisen said:

And again great book, I look forward to the next two instalments.

I look forward to far more than just two instalments.

• Like 3

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here