Orlanth and Ernalda in the Great Winter

Godhi

3 hours ago, Joerg said:

I wonder about Orlanth's sky presence during the Windstop. Are the normal stars of Orlanth's Ring visible inside the Windstop area? Are they visible outside of it?

There is none.  Orlanth is chained in the Underworld.  Orlanth's Ring does not appear at all during the Windstop. 

11Lp.106: "During this period, Orlanth’s Ring no longer appears in the sky, making its customary journey from Stormgate to the Pole Star. People all over Glorantha notice this phenomenon, and even if they are far from Dragon Pass, this change in the sky is understood to be a portent of doom and causes great consternation."

The Devil was born in the last phase of the Lesser Darkness, as far as I am concerned, and the invasion of the Spike was the last act of the Lesser Darkness. The opening of the Chaos Rift marks the start of the Greater Darkness.

Yes, I interpreted as the Birth of the Devil.  But, GtG p702 confirms your statement.

However, that still works with the fall of Whitewall.  The Crimson Bat (aka Chaos) comes from the north to attack in 1620 - maps to the advance of chaos in the last phase of the Lesser Darkness.  The Fall of Whitewall is the invasion of the Spike.  The Windstop is the Greater Darkness.

2 hours ago, jajagappa said:

However, that still works with the fall of Whitewall.  The Crimson Bat (aka Chaos) comes from the north to attack in 1620 - maps to the advance of chaos in the last phase of the Lesser Darkness.  The Fall of Whitewall is the invasion of the Spike.  The Windstop is the Greater Darkness.

That is an excellent mythic mapping. 

• Like 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

5 hours ago, 7Tigers said:

I guess it would be a nice idea to have an article in Wyrm's Footnotes about Great Winter's impacts in the 6 homelands...

In Esrolia, folk flock to the cities where the granaries have supplies of food stored and bring herds for slaughter.  Where Veskarthan (aka Lodril) priests are present, they help warm the earth to keep folk alive.  Overall, this is the Homeland that is least impacted (though no crops grow).