Lunar Lineages

Grievous

So, the discussion in that thread above veered off towards lineages. This is the thread to continue that discussion.

I have a couple of observations and ideas for additions to jajagappa's ErrioUnit family tree. This information is incorporating Life of Moonson (where applicable, so ignoring the now non-canon origin for Appius Luxius himself) and Coder stuff. So, Johanna, the child of Princess Anderida of the Coders, called Appius Luxius uncle. This would make sense if Anderida had a previous husband who was the (likely younger) brother of Appius Luxius. This way Appius would still have a relationship with Anderida (and Johanna), and would fit neatly with him bringing in his brother's widow into the Coders. Of course, Johanna isn't actually related to Appius, because she is the child of Prince Joh, the second husband of Anderida, but since he died in 1604, it would make sense for them to have a relationship.

The second idea is based on Life of Moonson, which I'm not really suggesting needs to be incorporated, but just pointing out as interesting.  There a Pardidas (b. 1588) is Satrap of Sylila and has a sister called Gerra, who is married to Gul-Taran, Satrap of First Blessed. She dies in an an attack on Gul-Taran's household in 1631. Not necessarily an impossible incorporation with minor changes, if someone was so inclined.

As a bonus, here's my very rough lineage of the Eel-Ariash (hope you can read the text based family tree style):

TakenEgi, Red Emperor, m. common woman in Doblian
----- Hon-Eel the Artess (1445-1506), the Dancer, the Third Inspiration of Moonson
----- ----- m. unknown male
----- ------ ----- [EelAriash Clan]
----- ------ ----- ------ ----- Unknown male (d. 1592), Satrap of Oronin
----- ------ ----- ------ ----- ----- Kar-Eel, presumably dead before 1592 (since Var-Eel leads the house)
----- ------ ----- ------ ----- ----- ----- Jar-Eel the Razoress (b. 1588), m. King Moirades (1558-1610)
----- ------ ----- ------ ----- ----- ----- -----  Phargentes the Younger
----- ------ ----- ------ ----- ----- Var-Eel (b. 1565 in Life of Moonson), head of the family, Satrap of Oronin
----- ------ ----- ------ ----- ----- ----- -----  marriage to unnamed woman
----- ------ ----- ------ ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- Euridice
----- ------ ----- ------ ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- unnamed son
----- ------ ----- ------ ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- unnamed son
----- ------ ----- ------ ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- Jaxarte Whyded
----- ------ ----- ------ ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- Sor-Eel (b. 1576 in Life of Moonson), "Short", Count of Prax and Governor of Pavis
----- ------ ----- ------ ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- Bor-Eel
----- ----- m. with King Pyjeemsab
----- ------ ----- Phonostres (1490-1535)
----- ------ ----- ----- [Tarsh]

Edited by Grievous

4 hours ago, Grievous said:

This information is incorporating Life of Moonson (where applicable, so ignoring the now non-canon origin for Appius Luxius himself) and Coder stuff. So, Johanna, the child of Princess Anderida of the Coders, called Appius Luxius uncle. This would make sense if Anderida had a previous husband who was the (likely younger) brother of Appius Luxius. This way Appius would still have a relationship with Anderida (and Johanna), and would fit neatly with him bringing in his brother's widow into the Coders. Of course, Johanna isn't actually related to Appius, because she is the child of Prince Joh, the second husband of Anderida, but since he died in 1604, it would make sense for them to have a relationship.

The second idea is based on Life of Moonson, which I'm not really suggesting needs to be incorporated, but just pointing out as interesting.  There a Pardidas (b. 1588) is Satrap of Sylila and has a sister called Gerra, who is married to Gul-Taran, Satrap of First Blessed. She dies in an an attack on Gul-Taran's household in 1631. Not necessarily an impossible incorporation with minor changes, if someone was so inclined.

There's a lot of non-canonical material in here, which means you could build a house campaign on, but makes it challenging to build out lineages.

Now, while what I've put together is based on material in Glorantha Sourcebook, particularly Redline History, and further conversation with Jeff in assembling some of that content, I can't claim canonicity for all pieces either.

4 hours ago, Grievous said:

So, Johanna, the child of Princess Anderida of the Coders, called Appius Luxius uncle. This would make sense if Anderida had a previous husband who was the (likely younger) brother of Appius Luxius. This way Appius would still have a relationship with Anderida (and Johanna), and would fit neatly with him bringing in his brother's widow into the Coders. Of course, Johanna isn't actually related to Appius, because she is the child of Prince Joh, the second husband of Anderida, but since he died in 1604, it would make sense for them to have a relationship.

I'm not sure this would stand up.

What I do know:

Appius Luxius is the son of the Red Emperor, Celestinus, and a granddaughter of the Red Emperor, Magnificus.  He is unlikely to have a direct 'brother', though I'm sure he has half-brothers.  Appius starts his own lineage in Mirin's Cross, and also has a year-marriage with the Queen of Holay which produces Queen Inrana, current Queen of Holay.  That makes Inrana a grand-daughter of the Red Emperor.

Anderida, based on notes from MOB and Jeff: she is a great-great-great granddaughter of the Red Emperor, and possibly Old Lunar Nobility. Her parents are on the Red Moon, so her family probably has multiple claims to the Red Emperor, and emphasize the Pre-Sheng Seleris lineage.  The line of descent that Princess Anderida of the Coders belongs to is completely hairless and strongly attuned to the phases of the Red Moon. These defining features also show up in illegitimate children too.

If Johanna only appears in Life of Moonson, then I don't think we can make that a defined linkage.