RQG Fanzine When?

MachinaMandala

Just to be clear for folk who just want to write/draw stuff, Hearts in Glorantha going forward will be publishing material to support RQ:G. 

I'm currently accepting submissions for all the Gloranthan games currently in print, and that includes RQ: G now that its out. 

Next issue already has adventures for RQ Classic, 13th Age Glorantha and HeroQuest. I'm hoping to get some RQ:G material in before I publish in July, in time for our 10th Birthday!!!

If you are interested in contributing to Hearts in Glorantha here are the submission guidelines:

Head Honcho of D101 Games
Publisher of Crypts and Things/Monkey/OpenQuest/River of Heaven
The Sorcerer Under the Mountain

13 hours ago, tedopon said:

Yeah, for free stuff it's great, but I'm not doing layout for free and I'd be surprised to find anyone else who would.

It would also be nice to be able to pay artists something. I don't care about making any money for written content, but I feel that layout and art folks should get something for their work.

Sorry, but once you are talking about folks getting money for their work, it's heading away from "amateur" or "fanzine" territory; once art & layout people are "entitled" to compensation, so are writers...  And now you are solidly in the non-amateur realm, with content and layout all paid-for...

These days, a nice PDF with a discrete little "Permission to print 1 copy for personal use" note seems like a good way to avoid having printing/mailing costs, which frankly seems like an even modestly-successful 'zine (every other month?) would need more than $2K/year to cover.

C'es ne pas un .sig

2 hours ago, g33k said:

Sorry, but once you are talking about folks getting money for their work, it's heading away from "amateur" or "fanzine" territory; once art & layout people are "entitled" to compensation, so are writers...  And now you are solidly in the non-amateur realm, with content and layout all paid-for...

These days, a nice PDF with a discrete little "Permission to print 1 copy for personal use" note seems like a good way to avoid having printing/mailing costs, which frankly seems like an even modestly-successful 'zine (every other month?) would need more than $2K/year to cover.

No no, I am talking about translating “fan material policy of Chaosium”, because there are not only RQ fans, but also huge number of CoC fans (and tons of fanzines)  in Japan, not knowing there is Fan Material Policy.  I know earning money needs Small Publisher Licence.

3 hours ago, mallion said:

Could I traslate Fan Material Policy for Japanese people ?

I doubt you'll get official permission from Chaosium to do that, because they probably have no way to check that it's accurate and any kind of even implied official endorsement opens them to legal risk. You would probably be best off contacting their licensee in Japan.

Edited by simonh

Check out the Runequest Glorantha Wiki for RQ links and resources. Any updates or contributions welcome!

12 hours ago, mallion said:

Could I traslate Fan Material Policy for Japanese people ?

You are welcome to translate the fan material policy. We (chaosium) couldn't use it without verifying it for accuracy and completeness, of course. If you want to share your translation with friends, that's fine too. We have had Japanese language RuneQuest/Gloranthan related products produced by fans in the past. We aren't against that in principle, we just need reach agreement with the group that wants to do a project.

Chaosium does all of its contracts and agreements in English. 

• Like 2

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

On 6/11/2018 at 12:15 AM, Quackatoa said:

I always smile when I see mentions of relative remuneration for artists and writers. Glorantha has always been a wordy world, and certainly isn't alone in that. And while that is changing, it still treats words as holding a greater and more persistent truth than art. Art, as wonderful as it can be, can be viewed as being too imposing upon the interpretations of the viewer, too potentially jarring. Idiosyncratic rather than universal. Art's the sidekick; the augment.

And yet who gets paid?

It's a weird world we live in. 😉

You are an artist, so you are fine! 

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here