Online play via Roll20/FantasyGround/Other VTT

Marc

1 hour ago, simonh said:

Sure, you can pretty much just use the Lankor Mhy writeup, but with associate cult magic from the Seven Mothers.

Why was your character selected for the team, and which goals would you prioritise? I'm a little concerned the character would end up in a supporting role rather than directly involved in the mission.

That's a fair point, I'll give it some thought. Not that I mind a role that is supportive, but it's not terribly heroic perhaps. I like the campaign idea though, though I would probably be out of my depth.

I'd like a session to create characters and to get to know everyone a bit.

I'm very, very rusty and haven't played anything other than by mail or forum in a very long time. Also, English isn't my first language.

Your English seems excellent so I cant see that being a problem.

Your character could be in a side mission, in addition to supporting the team with research and magical expertise. Would you go for spirit magic or Sorcery? I think the latter option is probably more interesting.

An appropriate side missions might be obtaining a particular artefact or finding out some information.

One option is for the team to include a guard unit for protection. These could provide a pool of competent warriors for players to take over in situations where their primary character would not be appropriate. A bit like how Grog characters and companions are used in Ars Magica.

Check out the Runequest Glorantha Wiki for RQ links and resources. Any updates or contributions welcome!

9 hours ago, simonh said:

Your character could be in a side mission, in addition to supporting the team with research and magical expertise. Would you go for spirit magic or Sorcery? I think the latter option is probably more interesting.

An appropriate side missions might be obtaining a particular artefact or finding out some information.

One option is for the team to include a guard unit for protection. These could provide a pool of competent warriors for players to take over in situations where their primary character would not be appropriate. A bit like how Grog characters and companions are used in Ars Magica.

My Irripi Ontor fellow could be looking for a family heirloom of some sort, I had the idea the family might be from the Hearlands originally, but came down soon after Tarsh became a province and was somewhat influential locally for a while. By now, after mixing with the locals for a few generations they are more Tarshite than Heartlander. Something happened though, and the family's fortunes have waned. The heirloom was lost or stolen and divination and/or rumour has placed it in the south, "In the Evening Shadow of the Old One" or somesuch nonsense. (Is there a connection there, did the lost heirloom weaken their ties to their old homeland?)

So the elders of the family, when they learned of this mission, managed to secure a position for my PC on the team, interrupting his own research in the process. It's an opportunity, not an interruption!, they tell him.

He may have a few lore and language skills that could be generally useful too, especially for fulfilling the fourth goal of the mission.  An interest in map making might be useful to the army.

As for sorcery; I'll reread the rules but yeah, that might be fun.

Edit: As for Grogs, we could have a follower or two per the new rules perhaps?

Edited by jarulf
added last comment

• 1 month later...

Ok, with the Bestiary PDF available tomorrow, I've decided to try to kick off an online RQG campaign, assuming there's enough interest.

I'm planning on twice a month, my preference is 1st and 3rd Thursdays, other Thursdays are possible. 

Start at 7 or 8 US Central time( UTC-5 in the summer ), each session 3-4 hours long.

We'll use PhilHibbs Google Sheets character sheet.  I'll store them on my Google drive, and share to the players.

I don't have anything specific in mind.  The campaign will be based in Dragon Pass, with possible forays to Prax, Dorastor, other places that I have old RQ2 and RQ3 supplements for.

As we go on, I'll probably come up with things based on character family history.

We'll start out using Skype for audio, and rolz.org for dice rolling.  May move to roll20.net at some point.

Marc

• Like 1