RQG Preview - more of the Bestiary

MOB

We just shared a new 12 page sneak peek of the coming RUNEQUEST BESTIARY with everyone on our RQG preview list! This new preview file features the Aldryami, aka the Elves, one of the many player character races for RQG.

Sign up here if you'd like get special pre-release RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha news and goodies: http://eepurl.com/dtqE9T

785382985_RQBestiaryPreview2.png.a9b10b304907c2f1237308a5f7f79bb1.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, simonh said:

It's great to see that we'll get some cult info and spells for some of the elder races, that's fantastic and a dramatic boost in usefulness over any previous RQ bestiary.

Yep. And a big part of the reason we made the Bestiary a separate book.

• Like 4

Marvellous - building a wealth of inspiring Gloranthan art. Nice to see justice done to the plant people. The drawings are really nice too. More!! *Jumps in time machine to tell younger self with newly purchased Elder Secrets, not to worry everything is going to be ok* 

Edited by Paid a bod yn dwp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Paid a bod yn dwp said:

Marvellous - building a wealth of inspiring Gloranthan art. Nice to see justice done to the plant people. The drawings are really nice too. More!! *Jumps in time machine to tell younger self with newly purchased Elder Secrets, not to worry everything is going to be ok* 

This is nothing. Just wait and see what Chaosium are going to publish in 2047, it'll knock your socks off!

Edited by simonh
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Check out the Runequest Glorantha Wiki for RQ links and resources. Any updates or contributions welcome!

4 hours ago, Pentallion said:

annnnnd now one of my players wants to play a pixie.  How the heck can I work THAT into Eleven Lights lol?

Got enamored of humans for some reason: fell in love; got rescued; was a gift from an elf/dryad to a Cinsina clanswoman; got blown to Cinsina lands by a hurricane gale and wants to get home; fell from a flower patch in the Sky World (which could become a subquest of the Three New Stars quest); was created by Voria to add the Cinsina after the Great Winter... 🙂

2 hours ago, jajagappa said:

Got enamored of humans for some reason: fell in love; got rescued; was a gift from an elf/dryad to a Cinsina clanswoman; got blown to Cinsina lands by a hurricane gale and wants to get home; fell from a flower patch in the Sky World (which could become a subquest of the Three New Stars quest); was created by Voria to add the Cinsina after the Great Winter... 🙂

annnnnd now my players are telling me to read Stardust by Neil Gaiman.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Mark Mohrfield said:

I assume that Aldrya worshipers can summon gnomes. Of what sizes?

Mentioned under associated cults. Elder Sister cultists can summon small gnomes.

If you're not a dryad and want to summon a gnome, you need to join the cults of Babeester Gor or Ernalda.

On 6/12/2018 at 2:03 PM, simonh said:

This is nothing. Just wait and see what Chaosium are going to publish in 2047, it'll knock your socks off!

*Screeches back into the forums from 2047 in his Delorean time machine , with his crazed enthused scientist appearance* Guys you're not going to believe this! Its RuneQuest, theres' new adventures and everything! Its Awesome! D&D have licensed the RQ OGL to produce their own game in an attempt to stay popular!

23 hours ago, Pentallion said:

annnnnd now one of my players wants to play a pixie.  How the heck can I work THAT into Eleven Lights lol?

One of our GMs had Zombie Pixies in a game. He worked out that they could use a Poleaxe if they had just high enough STR, plus their DEX was naturally high even when halved, so we had a group of flying Zombie Pixies that were naturally invisible and appeared just as they hacked at us with Poleaxes. Fun, fun, fun.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

7 hours ago, Paid a bod yn dwp said:

*Screeches back into the forums from 2047 in his Delorean time machine , with his crazed enthused scientist appearance* Guys you're not going to believe this! Its RuneQuest, theres' new adventures and everything! Its Awesome! D&D have licensed the RQ OGL to produce their own game in an attempt to stay popular!

Ok, ok, but has the world collapsed into an anarcho-capitalist hellscape of megacorporations strangling the proletariat, or has the revolution begun?

On a serious note, I'm glad this didn't come out two weeks ago. I had a player who I barely got to talk out of playing an elf! This is ~super rad~. The birch tree made me reflexively hum Russian folk songs though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, soltakss said:

One of our GMs had Zombie Pixies in a game. He worked out that they could use a Poleaxe if they had just high enough STR, plus their DEX was naturally high even when halved, so we had a group of flying Zombie Pixies that were naturally invisible and appeared just as they hacked at us with Poleaxes. Fun, fun, fun.

Ow! Ow! Ow!

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

Is there any chance we'll be getting another preview sometime in the near future. Perhaps on, say, the Mostali? My group's thinking of firing up our campaign again but we need rules for Dwarves if the legendary Orrinf-with-a-silent-f is to live again.

8 hours ago, soltakss said:

Release mosquitoes with damage boost +8 and damage resist 5 (both for a week or more) in a town and watch the fun ensue as they land on people who are annihilated by mosquito bites.