MOB

RQG Preview - more of the Bestiary

And so... if I want the rules for HeroQuesting I buy the GM Pack?

Folks, this isn't some wobbly-point. We're talking about the rules for HeroQuesting. Which product the rules for HeroQuesting will be clearly explained and integrated into the RuneQuest Glorantha game line is kind of a big deal.

9 minutes ago, creativehum said:

Folks, this isn't some wobbly-point. We're talking about the rules for HeroQuesting. Which product the rules for HeroQuesting will be clearly explained and integrated into the RuneQuest Glorantha game line is kind of a big deal.

Rules for heroquesting are in the GM book. The GM pack is a few adventures and NPCs. Think of the core book lineup like Hero Wars' lineup: the player's book, the narrator's book, and Anaxial's roster kinda works as the Bestiary.

But seriously, is this that important? We'll know what's in everything when they come out, no need to get your jimmies in a rustle yet.

39 minutes ago, PhilHibbs said:

I think the only significance is whether you need to buy campaign materials that you might not use in order to get the full game rules. It's not an issue that bothers me though.

Bingo.

As I said, I'm trying to figure out the buy-in for the game.

I know for a lot of people here it will be, "I'm all in forever!"

For some of us, who are dipping our toes in getting a sense of what we need to pay to get the rules for the game is not jimmies issue. It's a matter of dollars. Which isa practical and real thing, and something worth being curios about.

Edited by creativehum

1 hour ago, creativehum said:

Here's the quote:

So, the "GM's book" might be part of the GameMaster's Pack? Which is really a setting pack, not a GM Book?

I guess? I don't know? I give up?

Given it says "the GM's book will also feature," the "also" implies it's the same book. It's called a pack, I imagine, because it includes a GM's screen.

5 minutes ago, Gene M. said:

Given it says "the GM's book will also feature," the "also" implies it's the same book. It's called a pack, I imagine, because it includes a GM's screen.

I hear you. I really do. But other words posted online from people directly involved in RQG suggest there is a separate GM Book.

Look. I'll stand back and wait. 

The cover of the Bestiary, like everything else coming out of Chaosium right now, looks fucking fantastic.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, creativehum said:

But other words posted online from people directly involved in RQG suggest there is a separate GM Book.

Yes, there will be a separate GM Book.  That is downstream in the publication list as noted above.

What is coming after the Bestiary is the GM Pack.  That is what Jeff has noted has the Colymar sandbox + scenarios + calendar + GM screen.  

10 hours ago, creativehum said:

if I want the rules for HeroQuesting I buy the GM Pack?

No.  That will come later.  That will be the GM Book.  

It would be less confusing if names were more distinct.  Maybe it will be by the time it is released.

On 6/20/2018 at 4:51 PM, creativehum said:

Nope, the GM book. Jeff said it's going to be awesome.