RQG Preview - more of the Bestiary

MOB

Same here. I could only find the earlier Bestiary link as well - I thought it was just me...

• Like 1

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

On 6/13/2018 at 12:14 AM, Tigerwomble said:

Indeed. All it needs now is to get Matt Mercer to run it on Critical Role.

Excellent idea, although I suspect Matt Mercer may be D20-centric, especially given his strong connections with D&D 5E.

I reckon add Wil Wheaton to the wish list with his Tabletop show on Geek n Sundry. His show tends to reach lots of people, when he did Fate Core and Fiasco apparently their sales skyrocketed. I know that he has also referenced Call of Cthulhu with enthusiasm, so he might be willing to try out the new flashy line of RQG. 

Edited by Mankcam
  • Like 2

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

1 hour ago, canology said:

I have been signed up for a while now and didn't get any notice of the update/preview. :(

I can see it in the Dropbox folder, it's called "RQG Preview - RQ Glorantha Bestiary 2 (pages 12-23) NOT FINAL.pdf". It should not matter when you signed up.

5 hours ago, FinnDeviltry said:

Is there a link anywhere yet to this file? I joined the preview list too late to get this. Chaosium site has a link only to the first Bestiary preview pdf.

Next time they send anything out to the preview list, the e-mail should include the link to the shared folder which contains all the preview material. (And they've explicitly asked folks not to share that link, which is why I'm not just providing it to you myself.)

• Thanks 1

— 
Self-discipline isnt everything; look at Pol Pot.”
—Helen Fielding, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason

16 hours ago, trystero said:

Next time they send anything out to the preview list, the e-mail should include the link to the shared folder which contains all the preview material.

They did, in the email "RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha. Pre-release mail-out #9".

Edited by Trifletraxor
Last quote with the link edited out as it's not supposed to be shared publicly.

Everyone on the RQG preview list just got sent a preview of Andrey Fetisov's amazing cover art of the RUNEQUEST BESTIARY (the baboon is just a small bit of it). The 256 page full-color Bestiary is coming next month.

If you'd like to sign up to the preview list, here's the link: http://eepurl.com/dtqE9T

1666321624_BaboonfromBestiary.png.91f82a74c4a5d4f257c41ad36fb470a3.png

On 6/17/2018 at 10:50 AM, PhilHibbs said:

I can see it in the Dropbox folder, it's called "RQG Preview - RQ Glorantha Bestiary 2 (pages 12-23) NOT FINAL.pdf". It should not matter when you signed up.

It doesn't. All the preview files are in the same Dropbox Folder. You can access them all, at any time, from the link to the Dropbox Folder that is provided in every preview mail out. 

But we have just added a "welcome" email for new subscribers to the preview list, that includes the Dropbox link. That way they don't have to wait until the next Preview email.

Edited by MOB
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Richard S. said:

Damn those are some pretty sweet designs! I am a bit curious as to how you got them all to pose for the shot though, especially with a broo, troll, elf, and dwarf all in such close proximity to each other.

The photographer was a jack-o-bear. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

On 6/17/2018 at 12:44 AM, Mankcam said:

Excellent idea, although I suspect Matt Mercer may be D20-centric, especially given his strong connections with D&D 5E.

I reckon add Wil Wheaton to the wish list with his Tabletop show on Geek n Sundry. His show tends to reach lots of people, when he did Fate Core and Fiasco apparently their sales skyrocketed. I know that he has also referenced Call of Cthulhu with enthusiasm, so he might be willing to try out the new flashy line of RQG. 

I'm sure the likes of Geek and Sundry are always looking for new content and with the shiny new RQG someone needs to contact Felicia Day.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Runeblogger said:

It's awesome. However, the elf on the cover does not match the elves in the interior art.

Despite what MOB claims, it's not a photograph, it's art. They don't have to match. That elf is particularly strong in the Man rune, the interior ones have high Plant Runes. I've seen real-world humans at opposite ends of the Man/Beast spectrum that don't look like the same species.

Edited by PhilHibbs
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, MOB said:

Everyone on the RQG preview list just got sent a preview of Andrey Fetisov's amazing cover art of the RUNEQUEST BESTIARY (the baboon is just a small bit of it). The 256 page full-color Bestiary is coming next month.

If you'd like to sign up to the preview list, here's the link: http://eepurl.com/dtqE9T

1666321624_BaboonfromBestiary.png.91f82a74c4a5d4f257c41ad36fb470a3.png

I'm outright stunned! This is by far the most impressive, best depiction  of Gloranthan beasts, that I have ever seen. It starts with the baboon, but it doesn't stop there. A Dragonewt with two klanths, a (Mistress?) troll bristeling with magic, a female duck ready to fight chaos - represented by the broo on the left side. A tusk rider and a scorpion man and ... and ... Even a Walktapus in the left background. All so lovingly detailed, including lots of rune tatoos (or other types of markings) - yes, this is obviously RuneQuest!

I cannot wait to get my greedy hands on this Gloranthan Bestiary!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

And there is a LOT of variation in elves.

I'm really liking the integration of the Runes in the new Runequest.  It succinctly brings conceptual aspects to the fore right into the mechanics of the game. For instance the appearance of Aldryami. I imagine the stronger the man rune the more manlike the appearance. Particular helpful when dealing with outsiders.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2018 at 6:44 PM, Mankcam said:

That's a great idea.  Maybe even get a Chaosium talking head to run a session on a special edition of Tabletop.  Jeff's in Berlin, but IIRC Sandy's on the west coast.

Cripes, can you imagine the viewership if Will Wheaton was playing an RQ session run by Sandy Petersen?  If Will could get Felicia Day to play, it'd break the internet.

• Like 2