RQG Preview - more of the Bestiary

MOB

3 hours ago, creativehum said:

And the GM Book? (Which I believe I'd different than the GM Pack?)

GM book - GM pack are the same thing. Due out in PDF in August.

3 hours ago, Runeblogger said:

The real question here is... Who the hell is this guy?  :huh:

Whoisthisguy.jpg.d5b0100d23919bd0e913007754f908d2.jpg

Any guesses?

3 hours ago, GianniVacca said:

A weird runner?

Yes

1572155389_ScreenShot2018-06-20at9_06_38am.png.e918ff01fa985cfdcfa6f63b3e0228db.png

2 minutes ago, MOB said:

GM book - GM pack are the same thing. 

Great.

i had been hearing the exact opposite across the internet.

can you tell me what will be in it apart from adventures?

"But Pendragon isn’t intended to be historical, just fun.
So have fun."

-- Greg Stafford

8 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

I think MOB is incorrect on that. 

*sigh*

getting information on the GM Book seems to be harder than takin down the Red Moon.

Edited by creativehum

So have fun."

-- Greg Stafford

On 6/18/2018 at 6:54 PM, Zit said:

Are Durulz mammals ? I'm asking because of the breast armour the duck is wearing.

My guess is it was crafted by a human, either for her, or a human girl.

Edit: as a matter of fact, I'm not even sure it's a female... It is possible that this is a male duck that bought/found/scavenged this armor and was all too happy to find one that fits his size, or didn't know that the humans with breasts are female... It is even possible it's a prank from the armor's crafter...

Edited by Mugen
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Paid a bod yn dwp said:

Cant find anything on the GM book...yet

Well, on on April 05, 2017, Jeff wrote in
https://www.chaosium.com/blog/designing-the-new-runequest-part-13/
RuneQuest Gamemaster Book: This includes lots of GM-oriented rules (battle, magic items, etc.), materials on running games for RQ set in Glorantha, plus fully statted-up and
described encounters that will enable sandbox play in Dragon Pass.

Not sure if it is still valid but is is a start :-) !

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Paid a bod yn dwp said:

Cant find anything on the GM book...yet

From the very same page you quote

Scenarios Book, and More!

At the same time, Jason is putting together another book of all brand-new scenarios, including scenarios by Greg, Steve Perrin, Chris Klug, and others. Much of that writing is already done.

And we got more! A second Quickstart, more scenarios piling up in the pipeline, a GM's book, and then the Dragon Pass Campaign. Plus some REALLY REALLY exciting news that we should be announcing soon.

• Like 1

All I'm really trying to do is to figure out the investment cost of what might be called the "Core Set" of RuneQuest Glorantha.

There is the is book that was just released, the Bestiary, and... A GM Book? Or not?

So have fun."

-- Greg Stafford

The GM pack includes the Colymar lands (including Clearwine and Apple Lane) as a sandbox area with three loosely linked scenarios,  play aids, a calendar of holy days, and the GM Screen with all sorts of key tables.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Jeff said:

The GM pack includes the Colymar lands (including Clearwine and Apple Lane) as a sandbox area with three loosely linked scenarios,  play aids, a calendar of holy days, and the GM Screen with all sorts of key tables.

That sounds terrific. 

Can you describe what will be in the GM Book?

Will it have rules? I was told online at some point it would contain more detailed information about heroquesting than is found in RQG.

Will it have more details about other homelands for PCs (or will those be reserved for further supplements)?

I know there is this thing called the GM Book for RQG that will be released in the future.... and I would love to get a handle on what might be contained in it.

So have fun."

-- Greg Stafford

Okay. So we have confirmed there are two separate products. The GM Pack and the GM Book.

The GM Pack will contain the Colymar lands (including Clearwine and Apple Lane) as a sandbox area with three loosely linked scenarios,  play aids, a calendar of holy days, and the GM Screen with all sorts of key tables.

The GM Book will also feature magic items, guidance about treasures, and Heroquesting and Hero rules.

Is there any other information about the GM Book?

Thanks!

So have fun."

-- Greg Stafford

13 minutes ago, creativehum said:

Okay. So we have confirmed there are two separate products. The GM Pack and the GM Book.

It sounds like actually the GM Book, along with a screen and maybe a few other component, will be part of the GM Pack?

Check out the Runequest Glorantha Wiki for RQ links and resources. Any updates or contributions welcome!

5 minutes ago, simonh said:

It sounds like actually the GM Book, along with a screen and maybe a few other component, will be part of the GM Pack?

Hum, how can you start from "2 separate products" and conclude one will be in the other :-) ? Just curious...

31 minutes ago, simonh said:

Here's the quote:

GameMasters Pack- which is really a setting pack - a Colymar sandbox setting with 3 adventures which can be linked or play separately. Some 100 pages with lots of statted NPCs which can give GMs template for what a Clan Chief may look like stat-wise. 

An impressive map of Clearwine by Oliver Sanfilippo was circulated to help GMs and players visualise locations. A map of Boldhome will appear in the (later) Dragon Pass campaign pack. Oliver's cartography is also in the core book.

The GM's book will also feature magic items, guidance about treasures, and Heroquesting and Hero rules.

So, the "GM's book" might be part of the GameMaster's Pack? Which is really a setting pack, not a GM Book?

I guess? I don't know? I give up?

So have fun."

-- Greg Stafford

Where is the official "2 separate products" quote from?

From a lot of Chaosium people communications.
At least in the link I gave above.

And GM pack content was given by Jeff just some messages above. No GM book in it.

Latest (tentative) schedule given (that I know of) by Jason on RPGNet was:

RQG core rules
GM Pack/Screen
Glorantha Bestiary
Gods of Glorantha
Scenario Pack 1
Quickstart 2
GM book
Dragon Pass book

So it seems GM book is more for next year...

Edited by 7Tigers

34 minutes ago, 7Tigers said:

Hum, how can you start from "2 separate products" and conclude one will be in the other 🙂 ? Just curious...

Previously I thought they were separate products as given in Jason's list, but above I was going from MOB's post up-thread:

GM book - GM pack are the same thing. Due out in PDF in August.

Edited by simonh

Check out the Runequest Glorantha Wiki for RQ links and resources. Any updates or contributions welcome!