RuneQuest Dice from Q-Workshop

MOB

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, tedopon said:

Any updates?

I have nothing to contribute beyond what I posted in January. They haven't responded to any of my emails, but was curious if anyone got replacements or bought new sets that were corrected.

This seems wierd.  I suspect some sort of glitch has occurred / is occurring.

Are you relying upon an existing e-mail address that your mailer program remembers?  Has that ever worked?  Maybe you have a typo?  Maybe they have accidentally got a "dead" address, such as an ex-employee whose e-mails aren't monitored.  Etc ...

Equally possible, is that someone accidentally tagged your message as "spam" and now your e-mail is never being seen.

Possibly call them?

Do you have a 2ndary address to send from?

Some alternate channel to communicate seems likely to solve things...

edit:  Or Chaosium could step up and help.  Bravo Chaosium!

Edited by g33k
Crosspost

C'es ne pas un .sig

No, I've used the form on their site each time that I have contacted them. I will get hold of Rick in a few days if they don't respond back to my most recent attempt. It's not a huge deal, but they did tell me they would replace them last August.

121/420

19 minutes ago, tedopon said:

No, I've used the form on their site each time that I have contacted them. I will get hold of Rick in a few days if they don't respond back to my most recent attempt. It's not a huge deal, but they did tell me they would replace them last August.

Hmmm ...

Maybe their response to you is being tagged as spam in your automation?

C'es ne pas un .sig

I've ordered the RuneQuest Beige & burgundy Dice Set and the Expansion Dice Set on 08/03/2018 from Q-Workshop's online shop. I got sent a replacement D20 Hit Location die for free a few weeks later without any interaction with them. Truth be told, I only noticed said die to be faulty after a post on the RQ/BRP-related forum at tanelorn.net (a large German-speaking online community).

That being said, I've made nothing but good experiences with Q-Workshop's customer service. They're quick to reply and generally very helpful.

@jpsYeah, it's a shame the RQG dice can't be ordered separately. Anything to do with licensing by chance, @Rick Meints🤔 Just asking. 😉

Anyway, their Viking Beige & burgundy Dice Set is very similar in coloration and typeset, so I just got some more of those D6 (already had the full set).

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to characterize them negatively in any way, just was asking if others had gotten replacements. I love the rune dice and hit location die. Having dice that are so unique but still readable/usable is extremely rare.

...and I checked but the last response I got from them was in August.

121/420

4 hours ago, tedopon said:

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to characterize them negatively in any way, just was asking if others had gotten replacements. I love the rune dice and hit location die. Having dice that are so unique but still readable/usable is extremely rare.

...and I checked but the last response I got from them was in August.

It didn't seem to me like you were trying to cast blame, but report a problem!

They are reported in this thread as being both proactive on expected problems & responsive to new ones -- and you don't come across as an unreasonable jerk that might get a company to throw up their hands and stop trying! -- so I expect some "technical glitch" is blocking communication.

I was offering suggestions based on such technical "failure modes" that I have seen over the years.

I expect with Rick stepping in, it will all get resolved shortly; at least, the dice-issue (the tech problem may remain a mystery, alas!).

Me?  A geek?  Why would you think that??!?

C'es ne pas un .sig

8 hours ago, foolcat said:

@jpsYeah, it's a shame the RQG dice can't be ordered separately. Anything to do with licensing by chance, @Rick Meints🤔 Just asking. 😉

Anyway, their Viking Beige & burgundy Dice Set is very similar in coloration and typeset, so I just got some more of those D6 (already had the full set).

We are looking at selling Q-workshop dice on our website. It's not a licensing thing, mostly a website integration/fulfillment thing.

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.