Called shots

LivingTriskele

Page 213 addresses targeting a specific area with missile weapons, but I don't see anything on targeting specific hit locations with melee weapons. Am I missing something or is it just not addressed? I imagine I could just make it a Difficult roll. Any ideas? Thanks.

"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales."

"When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than any talent for abstract, positive thinking."

~Albert Einstein~

I think the "Taking More Time" option is the only one explicitly restricted to missile weapons; the "Targeting a Specific Area" option IMHO can be used for both melee and missile attacks. So you're right - it's just a Difficult skill check.

I'd also be tempted to rule you can only do this if you haven't been "interrupted" (ie attacked, forced to parry or dodge, etc) that round - otherwise you have to make a successful Idea roll to maintain the concentration required for the Targeted Attack.

Cheers,

Sarah

"The Worm Within" - the first novel for The Chronicles of Future Earth, coming 2013 from Chaosium, Inc.

Website: http://sarahnewtonwriter.com | Twitter: @SarahJNewton | Facebook: TheChroniclesOfFutureEarth

I'd also be tempted to rule you can only do this if you haven't been "interrupted" (ie attacked, forced to parry or dodge, etc) that round - otherwise you have to make a successful Idea roll to maintain the concentration required for the Targeted Attack.

Thanks. This is a good idea.

I checked the RQ SRD and called shots are -40%, but I prefer the idea of just making the roll Difficult.

Cheers,

Steve

"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales."

"When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than any talent for abstract, positive thinking."

~Albert Einstein~