Selkana's Saga: a new Chaosium blog series following a long-format roleplaying campaign using RQG

MOB

This was my very first time in a proper RQG fight (oh back in the innocent days of June). Scott and I co-ran the monsters here at first but after a round or two, I was running them on my own. It's a testament to how initiative this system is that someone with limited GM experience and zero d100 system experience can be up and running in minutes. 

I would say to anyone worried that the system might be complex to run just get in there and play a few rounds. It all snaps in place very quickly. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/24/2018 at 5:09 AM, Ellie said:

I would say to anyone worried that the system might be complex to run just get in there and play a few rounds. It all snaps in place very quickly. 

Agree.  One of the fundamental strengths of d100 systems is that while they may *seem* mechanically complex, they're ultimately more (to me) intuitively logical than others.

An "armor class" is a single number but actually very vague thing, as is its ultimate impact on the damage one takes.

OTOH, a sword does d8 damage, an armor plate will block 4 points of it....very logically simple, even if there are more "pieces" in the mechanism.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

"Among fans of Glorantha, Argrath has a well-deserved split reputation. He is decidedly morally gray and intentionally ambiguous. It is up to the Gamemaster to ultimately decide if he is the epic hero desperately trying to save the world or the horrific villain who will end it all."

https://www.chaosium.com/blogselkanas-saga-11-mad-bad-and-dangerous-to-know

screen-shot-2019-02-11-at-5.02.12-pm.png

Note: THIS IS FINAL INSTALMENT OF SELKANA'S SAGA FOR THE TIME BEING - Ellie and Scott hope you've enjoyed it!

Edited by MOB
  • Like 2