MW Quickstart

Jakob

I downloaded the MW Quickstart to get a general idea of the game (even tough I already have a pretty good idea from playing Stormbringer) ... however, after surveying it, I have to ask: Is there anyone who could make head or tails of it? Especially the combat chapter seems to make no sense at all - it pretty much says "everything happens in DEX rank order, including parries, and if you want to do more than one thing in a round, the next one happens at DEX-5.", and that's it.  Going by that, I would assume that you can only parry a blow if you happen to act at exactly the same DEX rank as the attacker, and that you can do as many attacks and parries as you like in a round, as long as you don't run out of DEX ranks. Now coming from Stormbringer/RQ etc., I'm pretty sure that is not the way it is supposed to be.

I hope the quickstart is not indicative of the writing quality of MW ...

The Magic World main rule book is much more clearly worded than the Quickstart. I get what it's saying because I grok Magic World (and just about all other BRP games) but I can see why you'd think it was a little too thin. Really about the only noteworthy thing in the Quickstart is the little introductory adventure at the back (which I think is actually pretty good).

• Like 1