Google Sheets Macros

PhilHibbs

4 hours ago, PhilHibbs said:

Ok I'll change Thrown Dagger back, to match all the other "thrown" weapons, an change Throwing Dagger to Daga de Lanzar to match Parrying Dagger.

Parrying Dagger is "Daga de Parada" in Spanish, also known as Main Gauche (Left Hand in French)

6 hours ago, PhilHibbs said:

Yes, I thought "Daga de Parada" and "Daga de Lanza" looked good together for "Parrying Dagger" and "Throwing Dagger". That is, the melee skills for using daggers that aren't designed for normal melee.

Throwing dagger is better translate as "Daga arrojada". Daga de Lanza in Spanish sounds like "dagger of spear"

• Like 1

Ok. First of all, your RQG 1.7 beta is awesome (as always). I downloaded a copy and found a few translations that can be more precise.

Morokanth --> Morocante

Bite (Baboon) --> Mordisco (Babuíno). I suppose that this bite is an attack so "Mordisco" is better

Hoof (Centaur) --> Coz (Centauro). Same case. If it is an attack, "Coz" is a proper translation

Redsmithing --> Herrería. Redsmithing is very similar to coppersmithing in Spanish. The difference is that Coopersmithing is only for work with copper while Redsmithing work with cooper and with more materials like wood or stone.

Trollkin. In earlier Spanish editions for Runequest, editors didn't translate "Trollkin".

Edited by koletudo
I need to expand my explanation
  • Thanks 1

I seem to have picked up two different words for Customs - Costumbre and Aduanas, I have standardised on Costumbre.

What do you think about Lore - would "El Saber" be ok? What about "Ciencia"? Or stick with "Con."? "El Saber de Patria" for Homeland Lore? That is a bit long, but that's a common problem with Spanish!

Edited by PhilHibbs

I've added a few new phrases and tried to figure out usable translations, particularly for Centaur and Baboon hit location charts. I have heavily abbreviated these because space is very limited.

I've also added translations for the non-human occupations.

Edited by PhilHibbs

On 8/4/2018 at 2:16 AM, PhilHibbs said:

I seem to have picked up two different words for Customs - Costumbre and Aduanas, I have standardised on Costumbre.

What do you think about Lore - would "El Saber" be ok? What about "Ciencia"? Or stick with "Con."? "El Saber de Patria" for Homeland Lore? That is a bit long, but that's a common problem with Spanish!

Lore is, literally, "Conocimiento". Because it's a long word, in spanish RPGs editors use "Con." Maybe it can be translate as Experto (Expertise)

• Thanks 1