Strange bedfellows

Butters

That wood-cut is totally misleading and taken fully out of context!

That is not some male witch but my ancestor Freiherr Wilhelm Herminius von Rot trying to joust after some villainous scoundrel took off with his warhorse, armor and lance. But Wilhelm still tried to win and mounted his trusty dog Flappy and participated nonetheless and came in second in the Inter-Reich Jousting and Open Melee Competition of the Holy Roman Empire of German Nation of 1479!

Without armor, lance and horse! Hah! - take that von Lichtenstein!

I am hopping mad and outraged that this most worthy sportsman, a gallant light in the world of tournamental enterprise, is villified as a witch!

That his dog was flying and that it shot fiery ball from its eyes was NOT the main reason he won and had NOTHING to do with witchery - the dog was of the rare breed of Flying Fireballing Hellish Shepherds that were quite well known and not uncommon in the area of the Reich that the von Rots come from - Blut-Höllstein am Teufel.

And I still stand by the verdict of my ancestors that burning Wilhelm at the stake after the sports-event had not so much to do with "witchery" but with envy that he came in second (yes, von Lichtensteins - SECOND without a horse!).

Edited by Der Rote Baron
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Butters said:

I wonder if they supply the wolf or if you have to bring your own?

The wolf is included in the pact. The discerning male witch insists on a wolf of the type Canis lupus lycaon.

• Like 2

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

1 hour ago, Der Rote Baron said:

And I still stand by the verdict of my ancestors that burning Wilhelm at the stake after the sports-event had not so much to do with "witchery" but with envy that he came in second (yes, von Lichtensteins - SECOND without a horse!).

The friends of House Lichtenstein still remain somewhat suspicious concerning the reasons why House Lichtenstein became extinct soon after a member of House Rot (and his wolf) visited Castle Lichtenstein in 1850.

• Like 3

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

That wasn't a "wolf", that was my great-granduncle Wolfgang Ludolf Adolf von Rot-Wolfen - and he had a well-known medical condition.

Show a little more concern and sympathy here for the moon-struck and skin-change-challenged, please! They aren't animals, you know.

The other person you mention was Graf Wolfram Wladimir Vuksin von Blutlach-Tzemiscice (from the Romanian branch of the family) - who also suffered suffers from a medical condition: a rare form of hemophilia.

The former House von Lichtenstein should have known better to invite both to their castle on a full-moon night.

I think it was some kind of a collective suicide-by-... something.

Edited by Der Rote Baron
  • Like 2

Well, we have just finished a slightly awkward session (mainly awkward because of missing Players😢) but the good Doctor and the evil demon worshipper Cuthbert did turn up and so far the Doctor believes that Cuthbert is a rival doctor potentially from the Galenic school. So no bloodshed yet but the Doctor is a bit worried that another doctor has been sent and there has already been some competition after Cuthbert cleaned out the nearby area of useful ingredients leaving the Doctor fuming and thinking of all sorts of potential "Accident at sea scenarios"

zack.PNG

Edited by Butters
  • Like 3