Fun hidden outcome Mansion of Madness (spoiler)

klecser

Mansion of Madness has taken us quite a few sessions to complete (three so far and should wrap up in this fourth  session).

I just though I would share how my players decided to tackle Crater.  Their aim was to hit both the Mansion and Crater when he was at the Sailor's Club.  They recruited Devlin to go to the Sailor's Club, suggesting that Crater was involved with the Sylvan Night.  Devlin was itching to end the cult.  They will be going to the Mansion with some mob thugs that one of my players has access to.  We'll play out the actual Mansion during our next session.  I thought it would be fun to determine a bit of chance for the police encounter with Crater to see how many of them got killed (on the investigators) and to see if Crater may return to the Mansion to ambush the Investigators.

Here is how it shook out:

I made a Luck role to see if Crater's informant listened in on the plan at the police station. Success!  They didn't.  So, I determined that Crater would not have any pre-planning done to protect himself.  He does have the Dark Stone on him.  The cops bust into his office and immediately three of them fall to Drown Mind.  One cop hits Crater with a shot gun blast, and then Devlin rolls Extreme on his shotgun blast, blowing his head off!

Granted, I could have just decided what happens, but that element of chance made for an interesting outcome and story for the Investigators when they meet up with Devlin again and (hopefully) convince him to surrender the Dark Stone.