Our RuneQuest Gloranthan Campaign - The River Voices, Legend of the Arganauts, has come to an end

soltakss

On 12/7/2018 at 6:57 PM, soltakss said:

RQ3ish, so RQ3 with a lot borrowed from other systems and a lot of houserules.

To be honest, these weren't that high-powered, their highest skill was around 120%. However, the magical adds for Runes meant they got high skills.

How did I handle them? Like HeroQuest does, so their main powers came from HeroQuest abilities, skills and spells were, to a large extent, irrelevant. If they had a spell, then I used it more like an ability, or modifier to a power. It was free-flowing, fast and exciting, allowing the players to do a lot more with their PCs than the "Sunbright only covers 15m" restrictions on spells.

That's cool. I would love to see those mechanics written up to help play at that level!

2 hours ago, Tywyll said:

That's cool. I would love to see those mechanics written up to help play at that level!

So would I! 😉

At the moment, they are all in my head, so would take a while to formulate and write them up so they could be posted.

In any case, my views on some things have changed, so I probably wouldn't run it the same way again.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here