Random Boons Bound Spirits

Cawdorthane

If you are lucky enough to roll a 20 on the Random Boon table on page 40 you get:

You have a spirit bound into an animal or item. It has a POW of 3D6 and a CHA of 2D6. See Binding Enchantment, page 49

When one of my players rolled this, I ruled that it was good enough as is and his bound spirit did not start with any known Spirit Magic.  It seems to contrast with the entry for an awakened animal on the family Heirloom table.  How have others played this?

cheers

Mark

Edited by Cawdorthane

Let's not argue.2.jpg

15 hours ago, Cawdorthane said:

I ruled that it was good enough as is and his bound spirit did not start with any known Spirit Magic. 

I haven't hit it yet, but would probably allow some nominal amount of Spirit Magic.  Once the Bestiary is out (scheduled for tomorrow), we should see info on typical spirits and if they include Spirit Magic, I'd just follow that guidance.

I gave it its full CHA in battle magic, randomly determined on the Ancestor spells table, ignoring any rolls for Enchantments.  A spirit screen 3, Dispel Magic 2 and Heal 2 were very useful for the beginning characters.

Edited by Pentallion