Rulebook final update?

kiryamo

2 hours ago, kiryamo said:

I wonder if the current rulebook pdf is the FINAL version or it will be updated before the printed version is presented in the GenCon...

I think the printing is too far along for any further changes. That was announced a long time ago.

1 hour ago, PhilHibbs said:

I think the printing is too far along for any further changes. That was announced a long time ago.

Yes, but when will the available PDF include (at least) all the Tribal Edits that got included into the hardcopy?

My PDF is still the one originally-released on day 1.  If any updated PDF was announced, I missed that...

Edited by g33k
  • Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

Download the PDF again from your Chaosium account, if you bought it from Chaosium, and you'll find that the PDF has a large number of corrections from the original edit thread. I don't know how this works on DTRPG, but I'm pretty sure that they'll similarly update their PDFs.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PhilHibbs said:

This makes me sad. I'm actually considering holding off on getting the print edition of the core rulebook because so many of the errata weren't caught in time. I appreciate the benefits to Chaosium of having a print book to sell at Gen Con, but as a player I'm not keen on getting a rulebook that (just to pick examples from other threads on this forum ) has two different answers for what happens when a critical attack meets a normal parry, or includes a Fireblade spell that can't be used in combat by the caster.

• Haha 1

— 
Self-discipline isnt everything; look at Pol Pot.”
—Helen Fielding, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:12 PM, trystero said:

This makes me sad. I'm actually considering holding off on getting the print edition of the core rulebook because so many of the errata weren't caught in time. I appreciate the benefits to Chaosium of having a print book to sell at Gen Con, but as a player I'm not keen on getting a rulebook that (just to pick examples from other threads on this forum ) has two different answers for what happens when a critical attack meets a normal parry, or includes a Fireblade spell that can't be used in combat by the caster.

That's totally fair. The many threads on these boards have shown that the combat section is not written in a very consistent way and are befuddling at time. I remember a few years ago I decided to wait for the second printing of A song of Ice and Fire RPG (A Game of Thrones Edition I believe) because they fumbled on the errata of a whole chapter. I ended up never buying the printed copy.

For RQG, I will wait and see what the verdict from the plebe is before I commit to the print edition.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:40 AM, 7Tigers said:

The latest one available on Chaosium site is a 90.63 MB file, from 18/06/28 as said in Acrobat reader properties.

I wonder if this is the same file used for the print copy and if the print copy will have the layout mistake on page 164 (Agility Skills stroke out instead of underlined)