What settings are you planning?

Trifletraxor

I don't have the main BRP rulebook as yet, but I have been running Call of Cthulhu for over twenty years so I pretty much know the system.

I'm beginning to draw up plans for a sci-fi cyberpunk/noir style game on an alien world with dinosaurs. Don't ask me why but thats the ideas running the old grey matter at the moment. A mixture of sci-fi action, underworld and corporate dealings, prehistoric monsters and possibly a lizardman/evolved raptor race (original planet's inhabitants). Thinking of less high tech so no energy weapons but slightly advanced SMG's, assault rifles and shotguns.

Not sure if it will work but it is what I am working on.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have the main BRP rulebook as yet, but I have been running Call of Cthulhu for over twenty years so I pretty much know the system.

I'm beginning to draw up plans for a sci-fi cyberpunk/noir style game on an alien world with dinosaurs. Don't ask me why but thats the ideas running the old grey matter at the moment. A mixture of sci-fi action, underworld and corporate dealings, prehistoric monsters and possibly a lizardman/evolved raptor race (original planet's inhabitants). Thinking of less high tech so no energy weapons but slightly advanced SMG's, assault rifles and shotguns.

Not sure if it will work but it is what I am working on.

Sounds very cool. Like the old "Skull The Slayer" comics from the 70's.

Some of you may have read a few of the "Concubia Nocte" teasers that I have posted, but thats not the only thing I have gotten ready for BRP - the ones I'm writing about now is much further along the road.

---

BRENT JORD (Burned Earth) Post Apocalypse

It takes place in a near future where mankind gave up against an extraterrestrial threath- Aliens that people have given the name of Sillids. They have made several colony cities as their planet side bases. Here in Norway, Bergen, is one of them, also known as the Colony12. People are forced to extract salt from the sea in the massive production plants, the purpose of it is unknown to all but the Sillids. Others have given themselves completely to their overlords and cooperates with them, and live in a so-called utopian existence. Those who are not trapped and used as slaves, or live in a so-called paradise, they do what they must to survive in the ruins of the old cities. Some have joined forces and formed the ShantyTowns, others live in primitive villages, or in a nomadic state to not be detected. But it is not all who sit quietly and do as they are being told, it is not all who hides in the shadows of the past , some fight even if most believe it is a long lost battle. But the Sillids is not the only danger out there. SmogGangers who is fighting for territory, degenerates called Gast's hunt in flocks and live like cannibals, acid rain that stings the skin, or collaborators spying for the Sillids. but perhaps the worst is a hidden threat that is growing in all dark places, and cracks – BloodLichen. So go in the role of a survivor, resistance fighter or collaborator and hang on tight to all that is left, hope, and even that is disappearing fast.

TÅKENES ØY (Island of Mist) Fantasy

The old world have been destroyed by war and hatred, and when disaster came, there was little left to fight for. The world must be built up. But in the west, there is a new hope, while the old world is constructed. A new land, a land called Brimba - Island of Mist. This new country is a place of mystery, which most are not explored. The old races have in the last few decades formed cities and fortresses along the eastern coast and formed a new kingdom there. But they are not alone ... Brimba is not a deserted land, but a place where most live in silence and hidden, and long remained in a kind of hibernation from the outside, but now with all the newcomers, the island is coming to life again. But the old hatred is hard to get rid of and even here in the new country, conflicts between ancient enemies are flaring up again, and this the natural inhabitants of the country does not appreciate. But Brimba is more than a new country, for it keeps a secret above all else, a secret as old as creation itself. Island of Mist is a fantasy role-playing games that do not follow the traditional direction of a few others. You will not find elves and dwarves and such Tolkinistiske creations. And the tone of the setting is one of discovery and growth.

---

Sorry if the text is weird in a few places, had short of time and used Google Translation in Open office to speed translate the introduction texts, and made a few corrections myself.

If there are any questions I will happily oblige. I will also make a thread on each of them in time.

Tea and Madness

Will those two last one be in norwegian only? Not that it would be any problem for me that is. :rolleyes:

SGL.

I will have a Norwegian and English version of everything we make :). Though translation will take time, as of the developers I'm the only one going to do it. When products gets finished, we may ask for people to help make the translation go faster.

But Concubia Nocte will be in English first and Norwegian second :-)

Tea and Madness

My group is trying a troupe style BRP campaign called The Columbia Explorer's Club. Its a Victorian pulp campaign of Adventure! Exploration! Danger! Mystery! with a hint of Steampunk! and way too many exclamation points.

I am also working on a fantasy setting using my Arrrgh, Pirates! monograph. At this point I don't know if I will try to publish it, or put it out for free.

Someday, when I have players who are brave enough to try, I'll convert Spelljammer into the BRP. Can't wait for Classic Fantasy to come out.

I hope/plan to run a fantasy-laden historical campaign set in the Holy Land shortly after the first crusade - inspired by Tom Harlan's Crusader Earth stuff.

Beyond Jerusalem: D20 Campaign Pack set in the Holy Land

I think the brp mechanics will capture the feel of the period much better than d20.

Hey, if you ever plan on running this let me know I'll play.

John