Butters

Crazy Clockwork Contraptions

Just wondering what kind of Clockwork powered insanity¬†people have added to their games of Clockwork and Chivalry¬† (Or at least tried to slip past the G.M¬†ūüėč)

I'm still trying to figure out how to get one of these bad boys in. 

23.PNG

Edited by Butters
  • Like 1

Clockwork Device,
Spectacles of Amplitude
The lenses are set inside a copper array that is fastened to a wide leather belt that wraps around the head and buckles at the back. The small levers for controlling the length of the single brass tube are located over the right spectacle, just above the ear which allows the wearer to adjust the magnification of the device easily and fairly quickly with only the slightest whirr of clockwork as the brass tube moves back and forth. Rumours of people losing an eye to this device after a malfunction are strenuously denied by The Worshipful Company of Spectacle Makers.

Plus 20 to Perception tests involving sight.

Cost: 25 shillings
Complexity: 2
Size: 1
Hit Points: 1
Speed: 0
Armour: 0
Weapons: N/A

Edited by Butters
  • Like 1

When I get round to editing all my notes from my C & C campaign (loosely following the Kingdom and Commonwealth scenarios) I probably will have the odd thing, contraption or totally weird idea to share. In the meantime check out andrewchase.com for some inspiration from his absolutely brilliant sculptures (I am using these as basis for Lady Silver combining clockwork, alchemy and witchcraft by putting living brains into mechanical bodies and I was in need of some nice high powered and difficult to skill stuff to go up against some characters who had grown somewhat in stature since the campaign started).

Yeti

2zc159uklj04.jpg

473081.jpg

andrew-chase-mechanical-metal-wolf-playing.jpg

• Like 1

Awesome, Clockwork Bears for the win.

32 minutes ago, Firebird01 said:

Combining clockwork, alchemy and witchcraft by putting living brains into mechanical bodies

That is one cool idea.

No, it is BLASPHEMY! Burn the heretic I say!

And I implore each and any good Puritan Catholic to join me in my rightful couse or action to say Nay! and put the sinner on the stake!

This is so wrong for King and Commonwealth alike.

• Haha 1

See everyone thinks that spiky death hands are cool until you get an itch, and then bang you're suddenly missing an eye...and possibly talking an octave higher. 

• Like 1

Todays creepy becomes tomorrows normal for your players and just because they are paranoid doesn't mean that the whole world isn't out to get them. Now to introduce them to chameleon wolves and attack squirrels.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2018 at 9:41 PM, Firebird01 said:

Todays creepy becomes tomorrows normal for your players and just because they are paranoid doesn't mean that the whole world isn't out to get them. Now to introduce them to chameleon wolves and attack squirrels.ÔĽŅ

Attack squirrels riding chameleon wolves, now there's a thought.

The only clockwork item I have tried to get into the game so far (Couldn't¬†find a clockwork Preacher in time) was a clockwork flashbang type of device. The first prototype was just a brass tin with holes circling the top which you could set to go off at certain¬†time intervals via a clockwork firing device whilst the second one¬†was going to have legs.ūüėģ

One idea I am toying with is having clockwork 'batteries', essentially a pre wound clockwork spring in a canister which plugs into your clockwork weapon (e.g. rotating halberd etc.). In principle the same as power packs for power tools that you charge and then plug into the tool. Will need a bit of careful design as we don't want characters to have to much extra power to use do we.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Firebird01 said:

One idea I am toying with is having clockwork 'batteries', essentially a pre wound clockwork spring in a canister which plugs into your clockwork weapon (e.g. rotating halberd etc.). In principle the same as power packs for power tools that you charge and then plug into the tool. Will need a bit of careful design as we don't want characters to have to much extra power to use do we.

Now that is an interesting idea and a great plot MacGuffin as well, portable power would be a huge game changer.