Manu

orlanthi cults in Umathela

21 minutes ago, Manu said:

No Lightbringer Quest I imagine

I think there would be a Lightbringers Quest.  The God Learners knew of it and incorporated it into their Monomyth.  It's just that in Umathela, the local humans were all killed before it finished.

I would have thought that Issaries was going to be important, as Issaries was of fundamental importance ti the Middle Sea Empire, as opposed to the God Learners. Issaries helped the Middle Sea Empire to spread and contact people all around the Middle Sea, including in Umathela. As a Lightbringer, he has a pretty important place in Orlanthi mythology, so would have definitely had a place. After the fall of the Middle Sea Empire, somne things would have been purged, but I very much doubt that Issaries would have been completely purged, as he is too useful.

Similarly, Umathela would have retained the Lightbringers, perhaps as minor cults. Ernalda would have been present, as she is related to Aldrya and the earth cults are generally friendly. I am not sure about the Thunder Brothers, as a lot of these were local to Genertela.

I cannot remember if the Umathelans were originally native or were all brought to the land in the First/Second Age. If they were native, they would have their original Orlanthi beliefs, perhaps adjusted by the Middle Sea Empire. They probably would not have been affected by the First Council and their attempts to awaken people and to rationalise the fragments of cults they found. However, if they were transported in the First/Second Age, they would have brought their beliefs from Genertela and would have had all the First Council insights.

I got the Nine Lightbringers from Sandy Petersen, a post on the old Glorantha Digest if I recall correctly.

The Umathelans had been experimental subjects for the God Learners, so they sort of had to assemble their own Lightbringers without access to full pantheon.

2 hours ago, alakoring said:

I got the Nine Lightbringers from Sandy Petersen, a post on the old Glorantha Digest if I recall correctly.

The Umathelans had been experimental subjects for the God Learners, so they sort of had to assemble their own Lightbringers without access to full pantheon.

The warrior woman (Phausia) therein looks like Yelorna/Sun Daughter, rather than Vinga.