RQG print copy?

styopa

2 hours ago, styopa said:

I thought that was due to be available around now?

It is; or was, for those at GenCon.  They airshipped several cases, I believe (and sold out there, I believe).

We non-GenCon'ians must wait for the shipments noted above, (unless we have Triolini connections who might ... acquire ... copies for us).

• Like 2

C'es ne pas un .sig

It's relatively trivial to trace any international shipment.  Do we actually have an expected date these will be for sale?  Can we put in pre-orders yet?  Certainly there's a known, finite number of books on the way in, I presume pdf buyers will get dibs on the paper versions?  I'd be curious to know how fulfilling pdf-to-print orders will deplete the stocks for open sale.

Thanks

25 minutes ago, Mac said:

True:  I’d rather “fully” pay now and speed the process.

I think the fastest processing is to work within Chaosium's established modus operandi.  Note that Chaosium is heavily "virtualized" -- no longer having a central physical presence, nor any substantive warehouse capacity.  They contract with warehouse/shipper "distribution centers."

I don't think "artisinal shipping" fits the process.  It's honestly likely to be slower.

That said, if the distribution centers DO allow of a backorder/preorder process (for items not in stock, but expected) then ... Sign ME up, too!!!   🙂

C'es ne pas un .sig

Any chance someone @Chaosium could perhaps give us an ETA on the books?

If it's actually in-transit, this is a known thing.

If you can't get your forwarder to answer you (it happens) pm me the container number or if LCL the transport company and HBL and I can give you a reasonably conservative ETA.

6 minutes ago, styopa said:

Any chance someone @Chaosium could perhaps give us an ETA on the books?

If it's actually in-transit, this is a known thing.

If you can't get your forwarder to answer you (it happens) pm me the container number or if LCL the transport company and HBL and I can give you a reasonably conservative ETA.

You really can only give an ETA once the container is through customs and on the road to your distributer. Customs can be an uncalculable delay.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

RE shipping/transport info:

They did this for the RQClassic KS... and I guess "Ships of Cthulhu" was a thing for CoC7e?  And maybe GtG (I dunno, I missed the KS and ordered the reprint).  So it kinda looks like something they do only for KS's... maybe?

Note fwiw that each of their distribution partners is likely getting cases direct-shipped from China... I think that's 1 each in USA/Canada/UK/Aus?  But as Joerg notes, Customs can be an imponderable, as can other issues.

C'es ne pas un .sig

22 hours ago, Joerg said:

You really can only give an ETA once the container is through customs and on the road to your distributer. Customs can be an uncalculable delay.

Yes, it CAN be but rarely is.  Further, import shipments can be cleared in the US up to two days before actual vessel arrival at a US port.

I've been an international logistics professional for 28 years.

If you want to follow the ships carrying RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha:

OOCL GENOA bound for the US: https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:3533459/mmsi:477454900/vessel:OOCL GENOA

CMA CGM MARCO POLO bound for the UK: https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:199690/mmsi:235095231/vessel:CMA CGM MARCO POLO

Details on the Australia shipment I will have to dig out, but it's on the same timetable.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

39 minutes ago, Rick Meints said:

If you want to follow the ships carrying RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha:

OOCL GENOA bound for the US: https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:3533459/mmsi:477454900/vessel:OOCL GENOA

CMA CGM MARCO POLO bound for the UK: https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:199690/mmsi:235095231/vessel:CMA CGM MARCO POLO

Details on the Australia shipment I will have to dig out, but it's on the same timetable.

TYVVM, Rick!!!

C'es ne pas un .sig

Thanks!

Genoa is on OOCL PVCS service, https://www.shipmentlink.com/tvs2/download_txt/PVCS_E.html 

Unloads at LBCT Long Beach.  Web cams at https://www.lbct.com/Operations/TerminalCameras 

I presume they're going to devan somewhere at a distribution center in Los Angeles, so given they're pretty uncongested, if it's FCL it'll be at the warehouse probably by Mon-Tue 27-28, and then it's a matter of whatever they need to do at Chaosium to start selling them.  If it's LCL, add probably another 4-5 business days for availability.

Edited by styopa
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, OrlanthRex said:

Question may have already been asked, but can I use the pdf discount with my local game retailer?

I have been presuming not, but @Dustin O'Chaosium or @Rick Meints would have the authoritative answer.

Edit:. Or, well... Most anyone from Chaosium, really.  TYVM @MOB !

Edited by g33k
Glaring oversight.

C'es ne pas un .sig