RQG print copy?

styopa

Tracking PDFs is a lot easier.

Don't we have a webcam on the ships themselves, so that people can look at the sea of containers riding over the actual sea?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

2 hours ago, soltakss said:

Don't we have a webcam on the ships themselves, so that people can look at the sea of containers riding over the actual sea?

24/7 broadband internet in the middle of the ocean tends to be expensive.

I'd be pretty surprised if this were available.

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, kiryamo said:

So...?

So... wait for the UK ship to be unloaded, for customs to clear, for them to be transported to the distribution centre. I'm assuming the UK consignment will be last as it only just docked this morning, and that they are waiting for all the shipments to be ready before offering it on sale. I'm guessing that will be in a couple of weeks' time, maybe a little sooner if it all goes well.

2 minutes ago, PhilHibbs said:

Ah, the 13G kickstarter book. I didn't realise that it wasn't available in print, I got my copy right here from the kickstarter. I don't know anything about another print run.

I suspect Chaosium may still be doing their due diligence to fulfill the last few KS-backers; there are always a few whose confirmation details got spam-trapped, whose computers dies, who have moved, etc etc etc.  Also a few damaged-in-transit they have to replace.  And even the straightforward shipments just take time to fulfill.

I'm sure Chaosium won't hold it up forever, for 100%-perfect delivery, but they promise KS backers get theirs 1st, right?

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

48 minutes ago, g33k said:

I suspect Chaosium may still be doing their due diligence to fulfill the last few KS-backers; there are always a few whose confirmation details got spam-trapped, whose computers dies, who have moved, etc etc etc.  Also a few damaged-in-transit they have to replace.  And even the straightforward shipments just take time to fulfill.

I'm sure Chaosium won't hold it up forever, for 100%-perfect delivery, but they promise KS backers get theirs 1st, right?

I don't know how many there are but I'm one of them still waiting for the fulfilment, and have completed all the confirmation etc. 

Hopefully all the yet-to-be completed Kickstarter patrons will receive theirs soon to enable Chaosium to sell RQ:G and the Glorantha Sourcebook together from the start. 

2 hours ago, Mac said:

Must say, with the reports from a while ago that the US container ship is docked in LA....I am beginning to wonder if customs is dragging their heels due to Drumf’s trade war with China??

Again, doubtful.  The books are only a tiny portion of what is on even that particular ship, and foot-dragging would affect every company for which products it carries are routed.  Also, tariffs are only on raw materials so far.  More likely it can be ascribed to the usual delays in the system.

2 hours ago, Mac said:

Must say, with the reports from a while ago that the US container ship is docked in LA....I am beginning to wonder if customs is dragging their heels due to Drumf’s trade war with China??

I may have misunderstood something, but I believe Chaosium is holding off on opening up the sales untill all their fulfillment-centers have the initial stock available.

Australia almost certainly had theirs first, but it didn't go on sale Down Under.

Makes sense when you think about it:  if we frothing fanboys heard that SOME folks were getting theirs, and we couldn't... can you imagine the screams of outrage?  The desperate attempts to get Chaosium to just airship one or two cases, etc etc etc; managing customer expectations and special-requests and complaints &c would take up all their time.

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 8/16/2018 at 3:09 PM, styopa said:

Thanks!

Genoa is on OOCL PVCS service, https://www.shipmentlink.com/tvs2/download_txt/PVCS_E.html 

Unloads at LBCT Long Beach.  Web cams at https://www.lbct.com/Operations/TerminalCameras 

I presume they're going to devan somewhere at a distribution center in Los Angeles, so given they're pretty uncongested, if it's FCL it'll be at the warehouse probably by Mon-Tue 27-28, and then it's a matter of whatever they need to do at Chaosium to start selling them.  If it's LCL, add probably another 4-5 business days for availability.

So if this is actually (as mentioned elsewhere) being distributed from Brainerd, MN (or Bemidji?  I think it was Brainerd...) and assuming that this was LCL (would chaosium order a full container - 20t - of books?)  then I'd guess that the LCL would have been in Chicago-destined consol container I'd guess it should be in MN by end of next week, maybe?