Sign in to follow this  
Anzugud

Tracking MP - The Fishy Way

This is just a quick tip for MP tracking. Some people will probably groan at how old hat it is, but I know it'll also blow some people's minds. It's what I used to do in FATE for tracking FATE points.

Simply, just buy some vase / fish pebbles which you can get cheaply online and even more cheaply in person (as long as you know a nearby fish store). Here's an example on eBay where you can buy 100 for £5.95 (which is more than enough to track 6 player's MP). Hand them out at the start of each session (or season) to each player based on their MP and then get given them back as the game goes on. It's very visceral and enjoyable to see the look on player's faces as their resources dwindle.

(Also, if Chaosium were to license some simple chits for tracking of MP...)

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Anzugud said:

It's very visceral and enjoyable to see the look on player's faces as their resources dwindle.

Do you have any advice for keeping track of different sources? MP storage crystals, spirits, familiars, etc. I don't GM (yet), but I could see myself trying this out as a player, to maybe add a little more immersion and drama.

1 hour ago, Crel said:

Do you have any advice for keeping track of different sources? MP storage crystals, spirits, familiars, etc. I don't GM (yet), but I could see myself trying this out as a player, to maybe add a little more immersion and drama.

You could use different colors

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crel said:

4 hours ago, sladesy said:

You could use different colors

Exactly what sladesy said! Obviously I'd recommend making a key for different sources of magic (but I'd put MP storage crystals under the generic MP).