Call of Cthulhu Starter Edition

MOB

Coming in November.

The box includes three books: Introduction and Alone Against The Flames, Call of Cthulhu Starter Rules, and Adventures; as well as five pregenerated Investigator sheets, blank investigator sheets, dice, a player handout and four classic adventures. MSRP is $24.99.

The adventures are Alone Against The Flames (solo), plus Paper Chase, Edge of Darkness, and Dead Man Stomp.

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/41188/lure-new-players-call-cthulhu-starter-set

650x650_3130514f3b45f42db7133e1ffded0b179d6501cb3b8144e316a04401.jpg.5752071f3c8019a8181ea60aa66f3bf9.jpg

• Like 6

I've become the default expert on CoC at my local FLGS based on my running the only game of it in store (and 7e  keeps flying off the shelves) so the employees ask my recommendations for stocking. I've already told the owner about this, but turns out I didn't need to. He says he already saw it at GenCon and plans to order. I love seeing the local players expand their horizons beyond D&D and PF.

• Like 2

I'm assuming Paper Chase, Edge of Darkness and Dead Man Stomp will be updated to the 7th edition rules, correct? Will they be made available in PDF as well at some point?

I definitely expect them to be updated to 7e. I wonder however whether they will be expanded with more info and extensive keepers notes like the Haunting scenario in the quickstart. That would be a boon for an old grognard like me to avoid relapsing into running it old school.

12 hours ago, Augusto Antunes said:

I'm assuming Paper Chase, Edge of Darkness and Dead Man Stomp will be updated to the 7th edition rules, correct?

Yes

12 hours ago, Augusto Antunes said:

Will they be made available in PDF as well at some point?

Yes

Starter Sets are a great idea, it has worked well for D&D so I hope it also works foe CoC 7E.

Of course, a RQG Starter Set will also be a good idea 

• Like 1

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

• 1 month later...

The box proofs for the new Call of Cthulhu Starter Set just arrived at Chaosium HQ - fits in beautifully on the shelf with other Chaosium classics.

The Call of Cthulhu Starter Set will be out in about six weeks!

IMG_2808.thumb.JPG.c3d7d2e99f2b7cb2d0a2d2709e1d05e0.JPG

IMG_2806.thumb.JPG.07d82d640f5fb4479ade2f92d485a3db.JPG

IMG_2809.thumb.JPG.3f5d03935e93f736982e7c30d869aecc.JPG

Edited by MOB
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We do not take pre-orders on products on chaosium.com. That said, we expect to have the US bound ship dock in Tacoma on November 23rd, and then it's usually about a week or so later that we have the books in the warehouse, barring any unforeseen delays. Thus, I expect we will have the CoC Starter set for sale in early December in plenty of time for the holidays.

PS: The leatherette bound books version of the Masks slipcase set is on the same ship, so that should be on sale in the same time frame.

• Like 1

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 11:04 AM, Rick Meints said:

We do not take pre-orders on products on chaosium.com. That said, we expect to have the US bound ship dock in Tacoma on November 23rd, and then it's usually about a week or so later that we have the books in the warehouse, barring any unforeseen delays. Thus, I expect we will have the CoC Starter set for sale in early December in plenty of time for the holidays.

PS: The leatherette bound books version of the Masks slipcase set is on the same ship, so that should be on sale in the same time frame.

Oh, and since I live in Washington state, any chance I could just stroll down to the docks and....

• Like 1

On 11/15/2018 at 2:04 PM, Rick Meints said:

That said, we expect to have the US bound ship dock in Tacoma on November 23rd, and then it's usually about a week or so later that we have the books in the warehouse, barring any unforeseen delays.

So @Rick Meints, if my math is right, this means about now! :) Just fishing for an update... The holidays are coming fast, and those deliveries do take forever... 

• Like 1

On 10/22/2018 at 10:58 AM, Der Rote Baron said:

Very nice indeed! I am sure as hell getting the box when it hits the shops faster than I can say Nyarlothop ... Nylarthopop ... HASTUR!

ROFL (I tried to laughie-face react, but somehow couldn't)

C'es ne pas un .sig