MOB

Call of Cthulhu Starter Edition

1 hour ago, Steve said:

Is there a place to submit typos? I've found a few (trivial ones) in the PDFs.

Steve - please email any typos to me thanks.

Mike 

• Thanks 1

DiceStormers.png.fba644e451d9004c1f37160868a91e07.png

Chaosium has teamed up with our friends the Dicestormers, who'll be playing their way through the Call of Cthulhu Starter Set, and giving away 10 copies as they go! 

Enter the competition here: https://gleam.io/C9Bvc/call-of-cthulhu-starter-set

The first adventure is Alone Against the Flames is a Single player experience, but the Dicestormer's Murray will be playing it via Facebook video on the Dicestormers Facebook Page, with the help of all of YOU... 

Winners will be notified at the end. 

The first episode starts tomorrow, good luck! 

• Like 3

The CALL OF CTHULHU STARTER SET Launch Party was a blast at Meeple Perk in Newcastle, UK.

Our assistant Call of Cthulhu line editor Lynne says the cake, by Beat Boutique Bakery, was amazing, and that FLGS Travelling Man wishes they'd bought more copies of the Starter Set because they sold out!

794184226_ImagefromiOS(13).thumb.jpg.b0b1a12d13df4fb886d06fc2af03370d.jpg

291446958_ImagefromiOS(11).thumb.jpg.b3ef1cf959ba12a0a48d4a218a39924a.jpg

1899479306_ImagefromiOS(15).thumb.jpg.6bf343abada54c88dcdfeffe9b996964.jpg

303795174_ImagefromiOS(14).thumb.jpg.1baa09ea42a92cbabb22e943b718cd3c.jpg

• Like 2

Episode 2 of Dicestormers CALL OF CTHULHU STARTER SET actual play on Facebook. 10 copies of the Starter Set to be won by viewers!

Watch the video on Facebook, and then:
1) Vote in the poll at the end of the video (must be on a desktop browser)
2) Put your suggestions for personal skills in the FB comments and
3) Enter the competition at the link!

• Like 1

"An extremely well done, well thought-out product that should appeal to players old and new." Bud gives the CALL OF CTHULHU STARTER SET 9.5 out of 10 and says it's one the best starter sets he's ever seen.

Edited by MOB
  • Like 3

RPGNet says, of the CALL OF CTHULHU STARTER SET: "this is a magnificent, perfect entry-level product. And no, this isn't misplaced nostalgia about boxed sets of yore. This is exactly how a new entrant should get access into a game as rich and elaborate...Tons of material. Easy to use rules. Dice. A low level price. What more does one want from a starter set?"
(Antonios S. review)
https://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/17/17914.phtml

• Like 4

I got this recently and I'm totally new to running a CoC game. I have to say this is a great resource! I already had the Keeper rulebook and the Investigator Handbook, but the starter set really sets things in place. I like that you start off with a solo adventure, then read the quick start rules, then run a one-player scenario. Really well thought out!

I'm looking forward to introducing new players to CoC and running adventures.

• Like 3

Just a follow up for @MOB and the Chaosium crew. I'm soon gonna be ready to run Edge of Darkness for my group. I ran Paper Chase with my daughter and it went ok. Good learning curve there. I am a somewhat experienced GM, a bit out of practice perhaps, but mostly I GM'd fantasy stuff (AD&D and the like) and this investigative stuff if another beast. I realized I need to adapt to it a bit (and prepare more), so that first one-on-one scenario was perfect for that. It made me prepare much more for EoD, and I'm having lots of fun with that.

So, I'm having fun, this is a great product, and I look forward to running a first group game of Call of Cthulhu!

• Like 4

"When they say this is all you need to enjoy horror roleplaying they certainly aren’t kidding… I can’t stress enough how every person who loves RPGs should have this in their collection."
—The Vintage RPG Podcast unbox the new CALL OF CTHULHU STARTER SET.

• Like 1