Call of Cthulhu in Swedish

MOB

1536223887_ElosoForlag-Chaosium.png.5ec4c0fbe6033d72ae6f12ac3c1c9e5e.png

The iconic horror investigation roleplaying game Call of Cthulhu will be coming out in a Swedish translation, Chaosium announced today. 

The Swedish edition will be produced under license by Eloso Förlag.

Elder statesman of the Swedish RPG industry, Drakar och Demoner creator Fredrik Malmberg is delighted by the announcement: "I playtested Call of Cthulhu first edition so many moon cycles ago with Sandy, and Greg, and the whole Chaosium crowd as a teenager in the Bay Area on a tourist visa. It contributed to Swedish youth delivered straight into the Percentile system as early as 1982 with Drakar och Demoner. Then, CoC was too esoteric . Now - circle completed!”

More details here: https://www.chaosium.com/bloga-new-swedish-edition-of-call-of-cthulhu

Edited by MOB
  • Like 1

I like that this is being done, but for me Call of Cthulhu should be in english. I have enjoyed many of the novels in translation, especially when I was a kid in school. But since playing my first CoC game back in 1987 - the english version is the one I will stick with. It's like the Necronomicon - you get the same amount of SAN-loss from a translation, but only in the original language will you get the full amount of skill-gain....

Edited by Luthorin