RuneQuest Glorantha Charts & Tables

creativehum

I'm running RQG in a couple of weekends for some friends, so I pulled some charts together of the charts and notes I think I'll need to keep the game running smoothly. I've uploaded the pages.

https://basicroleplaying.org/files/file/649-rqg-gm-cheat-sheets/

Every person has their own thoughts on what tables and notes are most important for running any game. Here's my take on that for RQG.

If this is helpful to you, great!

If you look it over and find any errors or anything you think I missed that might be helpful please feel free to make a comment!

Thanks!

• Like 4

"But Pendragon isn’t intended to be historical, just fun.
So have fun."

-- Greg Stafford

Each additional level of Sorc. intensity +2

Really? I thought it was:

First level of Sorc. intensity: # of Runes and Techniques
Each additional level of Sorc., intensity: +1
Each missing Sorc. Rune or Technique: x2, x4, etc.

Ah, I'm thinking of MP, and each MP is 2 SR. Still, the +2 that you list is best case scenario where the sorcerer has mastered all runes and techniques involved.

Edited by PhilHibbs

5 hours ago, creativehum said:

Every person has their own thoughts on what tables and notes are most important for running any game. Here's my take on that for RQG.

If this is helpful to you, great!

If you look it over and find any errors or anything you think I missed that might be helpful please feel free to make a comment!

Very useful - I'm constantly scrolling to find the pages in RQG which is a real pain.  Thanks!

My three comments:

• moving the Attack/Parry results & Attack/Dodge results immediately after the Ability Success table since its common to have to regularly check the success level, then the attack results.
  • the damage modifiers & results would be a useful addition (e.g. result of an impale, smash, …; and what happens when a hit location goes to 0, gets 2X damage, …)
  • spell casting bonuses for sacrifices, location, date would be helpful

Thanks for the replies!

First, in terms of Sorcery, the SR notation about Sorcery is straight off the SR table found on page 193 of RQG. Here's the thing: I haven't read the sorcery rules yet. Simply digesting the rules for skills, combat, spirit magic, rune magic, with all the flipping back and forth to get a grasp on the mechanics has kept me busy enough. There will be no sorcerers when we play in a couple of weeks. (We're playing the QuickStart, and while Sorala is given sorcery spells in the core rules, I'm keeping her sorcery-less as she is in the QuickStart.)

So reading Phil's comment all I can think is "I have no idea what this means." The fact that he seems to be saying something that contradicts what is in the SR table leads to me think it isn't something I want to get caught in and have to sort out at this time. So I might simply leave the Sorcery notation off the table and either a) add the details to the SR table later; or (and more likely) b) build a separate Sorcery Page at a later date, since it sounds like there might be some ground to cover and I can use the space to fill it out.

(If a simply set of notation lines for Sorcery SRs can be agreed upon by others I'd happily put it in the table. But I'm not dealing with it myself right now.)

2 hours ago, jajagappa said:

moving the Attack/Parry results & Attack/Dodge results immediately after the Ability Success table since its common to have to regularly check the success level, then the attack results.

I haven't finalized the page order yet. (My own inclination is going to be to print several copies of the pages double-sided (for example, Attack/Parry & Attack/Dodge double sided) and laminate them so they can be picked up and referenced by anyone at the table as needed. But I will be moving the pages around when I'm done.

the damage modifiers & results would be a useful addition (e.g. result of an impale, smash, …; and what happens when a hit location goes to 0, gets 2X damage, …)

I believe the results of specific weapon types are listed under the Dodge Results Table. Let me know if you are thinking of something else! I might have missed it. (There's a lot of little rules in this game.

Adding the damage effects is something I wanted to add, but it seemed daunting to simplify the text. But you're right, it should be there. I think I'll move the specific weapon types damage info to a new page add put the damage effects on the same page as that. Or I might try to slip it under the specific weapon type damage under the Dodge Table. 

spell casting bonuses for sacrifices, location, date would be helpful

That's something I definitely want to add. But since I don't need it for the game next weekend, it wasn't on the to-do list in front of me. But it will be slapped together at some point.

Finally, I did make one alteration: I flip the axis of the Attack/Dodge table so that the Attacker is on the left column, as he is in the Attack/Parry table. (In my view, the two tables should match the positions of Attacker and Defender.) Flipping the text boxes was more confusing work than I thought it would be, so if there any mistakes, it's probably there. 

Edited by creativehum
  • Like 1

So have fun."

-- Greg Stafford

5 hours ago, creativehum said:

So reading Phil's comment all I can think is "I have no idea what this means." The fact that he seems to be saying something that contradicts what is in the SR table leads to me think it isn't something I want to get caught in and have to sort out at this time.

The SR table is not wrong, so much as incomplete. It simply does not mention some multipliers that sometimes apply.

Good to know. However, one of the points of the project is to bring all the elements for given rules from across the book into one unified list or page. So the sorcery rules are out for now since, again, I don't have time to dig in and figure those out.

I'm currently adding tables covering damage, rules for healing (forgot those!), spirit combat, and religious ceremonies.

So have fun."

-- Greg Stafford

Updated version of my Charts & Tables for RQG. (1.2)

I've added more information about damage, added healing and spirit combat info.

The last page is a couple of notes about rules with blank space to add more info as I find rules I think I want on hand.

https://basicroleplaying.org/files/file/649-rqg-gm-cheat-sheets/

At this point the charts and tables covers what I need to run the RQG QuickStart as efficiently as possible. So there's nothing about Holy Day rituals to recover Rune Points or end of season experience and such. If I end up getting a game running I'll sort that stuff out later!

Edited by creativehum
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So have fun."

-- Greg Stafford

Huh. I was able to download it. (But maybe because I uploaded it? Or maybe I screwed something up when I uploaded it as a new version last time?)

Anyway, as a test, I've uploaded the file again. See if this one works.

https://basicroleplaying.org/files/file/650-rqg-charts-tables/

So have fun."

-- Greg Stafford

I was finally sent an email telling me that because I used copyrighted material the files have been hidden.

Further, I should wait for the GM Pack because what I need will be available then.

While I completely understand this from a legal standing, I'm disappointed for a great number of reasons.

So have fun."

-- Greg Stafford

On 8/27/2018 at 9:59 AM, creativehum said:

I was finally sent an email telling me that because I used copyrighted material the files have been hidden.

Further, I should wait for the GM Pack because what I need will be available then.

While I completely understand this from a legal standing, I'm disappointed for a great number of reasons.

It would be nice if they would tell us when the GM pack woukd be available. It was supposed to be before Gen Con, but tgat was almost a month ago. I understand that "stuff" happens, but this far past, with no idea of whats going on is a bit crazy.

On 9/2/2018 at 6:46 PM, Marc said:

It would be nice if they would tell us when the GM pack woukd be available. It was supposed to be before Gen Con, but tgat was almost a month ago. I understand that "stuff" happens, but this far past, with no idea of whats going on is a bit crazy.

Its fate (or at least its timing) now seems to be linked to the Bestiary; at least, that is the impression I get.

I expect the Slipcase Set (RQG + Bestiary + GMPack) will be available at the same time as the separate Bestiary & GMPack components, sometime near-ish end-of-year (I'm hoping for fall rather than winter, but not holding my breath).

The rabid fanbase (raises guilty hand) have burnt Chaosium's hand too often; they have realized how unforgiving we are about slippage from announced timing, and have begun "announcing" much less stuff that is speculative or carries the "assuming all goes well" caveat...

... because all does NOT go well!

They are, after all, not the Orderium...

C'es ne pas un .sig

47 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

Since the Bestiary is out in pdf, that seems unlikely.  I'd guess hold-ups with art and layout are more likely.

IIRC, someone at Chaosium (Jason?  but don't hold me to that ... ) said that the GMPack was going to be pretty quick to produce.  Several comments have seemed to treat them as a "set" from the production POV... not just cohabitation in the Slipcase.  😉

I think the 3 adventures & the sandbox are already written, and I recall the Clearwine art-map being teaser'ed quite a while ago.

Layout for the screen is likely long-done, just a matter of slotting in the charts & tables from RQG to their long-assigned positions; and one of the fan reports from a recent 'Con showed, if I recall, a 4-page-wide art-layout that presumably is the "front" of the screen.

I don't doubt that there IS still work going in on the GM-Pack, and (until the Tribal Edits are finalized and the Bestiary is at the printers) the Bestiary gets priority from the dev-team; but I think they are hoping for one big print/ship order from China.

Of course, this is all as an outsider making guestimates.  Maybe I'm wildly off-base.

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig