Setting Book

Archivist

I would also like to see a CoC setting for the Elizabethan period, or more broadly, the Early Modern Period in general.  There are other game systems that do look at this period, such as C&W's Clockwork & Cthulhu (I've written two installments for that system so far because it was closest to the Elizabethan era I could find; had fun considering the relative merits of alchemy and magic as enacted by the contemporaries Ben Jonson in The Alchemist and Shakespeare in The Tempest).  The period so lends itself to Cthulhu with the triple convergence of Occult Magic, Nascent Science and Religious Controversy with which it is fraught.  Consider, for example, the burning of the heretic Giordano Bruno in 1600, who internalized the Copernican theory to ask the dangerous relativist question "which way is up?"    

Also could consider HP's friend Robert E. Howard and the Solomon Kane setting offered by Pinnacle, but a pure CoC in the Elizabethan era would be welcome to me.  I am myself headed down to Williamsburg, Va USA in the not-so-distant to consider the CoC possibilities.  After all, the first public hospital for the insane in the New World was located in Williamsburg so one might reasonably ask what in all the deep woods or bubbling tidewaters was making the matchlock-toting investigators thereof crazy!