GM Screen Pack coming in PDF on September 14

MOB

607561510_40923002_10156804814597743_7828145373808951296_n(1).jpg.26b79a659933c426882e852aa6962c62.jpg

The RUNEQUEST GAMEMASTER SCREEN PACK will be released in PDF on Friday, September 14. Here's what's inside:
—4 panel GM screen
—blank character sheets
—128 page book of adventures
—20 page quick reference of commonly used tables
—16 page gloranthan calendar
—6 maps
—pre-generated character sheets.

On purchasing the PDF from Chaosium.com you will receive a coupon for the FULL COST of the PDF off the price of the physical version which will be available later this year.

941389869_ScreenShot2018-09-09at1_00_00pm.png.d6ae658a80227e47d9a38bd0433c9e58.png

BTW, Andrey Fetisov's wonderful cover art for the GM Screen Pack is available to download in our special RuneQuest pre-release Dropbox Folder. Sign up here to access.

Edited by MOB
  • Like 13

3 hours ago, Paid a bod yn dwp said:

Great cover and back to Apple lane! That map is great. It’s already giving a much stronger sense of place then we’ve had before - really nice 

A nice look to a Sartarite stead house and cottar's cottage.

Hopefully the pair of misspellings ('dinning area' and 'Posal') can be corrected in the art work for the Tin Inn.

2 hours ago, jajagappa said:

A nice look to a Sartarite stead house and cottar's cottage.

Hopefully the pair of misspellings ('dinning area' and 'Posal') can be corrected in the art work for the Tin Inn.

MOB commented on the G+ page that they would put up a tribal edit thread after PDF release and then send it to print late September.

2 hours ago, g33k said:

Any chance of that (original) official RQG character sheet seeing its way into this package?

The one @Jason Durall teaser'ed over here:  https://www.chaosium.com/blog/designing-the-new-runequest-part-21

That looks very similar to the Modiphus CONAN character sheet - very evocative, although a bit too 'busy' for me. I'm glad that the RQG sheet feels more connected to the earlier RQ sheets. However the one posted by Jason Durall was pretty cool

What I want to see is a digital form-fillable version of thecurrent  RQG character sheet.

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

2 hours ago, Mankcam said:

What I want to see is a digital form-fillable version of thecurrent  RQG character sheet.

There have been two versions of that posted here on the forum. I think I linked them on the wiki.

Yep, they are there: https://runequest-glorantha.wikia.com/wiki/Character_Sheets_and_Forms

Edited by PhilHibbs
  • Like 1

We're debating - is the sword she carries:

a) obsidian, or

b) a corroded bronze sword she found in a tomb, or

c) her usual functional bronze sword corroded and pitted for some reason?  We'd assume her sword was otherwise normal looking, ie:

Limehouse1.jpg

(edit found a better picture)

Edited by styopa

1 hour ago, Runeblogger said:

The houses you see in the map of the Tin Inn: Are they based on Mediterranean Iron Age houses?

OK, I've found this and it seems to prove that tiled roof houses existed even during the early Bronze Age. Great! 
I asked about this because I showed the map of the Tin Inn to a friend and he commented how he had imagined the Bronze Age houses to look more like thatched roof low houses or like the flat roofed houses (as in New Pavis). Perhaps this is a general misconception. Now that I think of it, the map of New Pavis in River of Cradles also included some tiled-roof houses.

Read my Runeblog about RuneQuest and Glorantha at: http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/

Terracotta or fired clay tile has been used as a roofing material for thousands of years. Tiles were used in the Bronze Age in ancient Greece as early as 2500 B.C., in ancient Middle Eastern civilizations and in China in the Neolithic period approximately 10,000 years ago. Terracotta tile was commonly used as a roofing material by the ancient Greeks and Romans.

https://homeownerideas.com/the-pros-and-cons-of-terracotta-roofing-tiles-for-your-home/

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, g33k said:

Having looked closely, I'm betting on knapped obsidian.

IMO, of all the items in the pack, it's the coolest.

I forgot to add:

https://www.artofishi.com/shop/flint-knapped-stone-knives-for-sale/obsidian-roman-short-sword/

handle not obsidian.

Edited by David Scott

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

23 minutes ago, AndreJarosch said:

Lets have a look at where they are: 
The Lhankor Mhy is looking at a statuette: an almost nude woman riding a snake --> looks like an earth temple to me
According to the skull on the floor they don´t have a good house keeper, or the temple is abandoned. 

There are two figures holding up the lintel in the background, the one on the right looks like a snake eyed earth goddess, probably Ernalda. The one on the left is a blue male and looks like he has an extra set of arms, so that's probably Orlanth.

Check out the Runequest Glorantha Wiki for RQ links and resources. Any updates or contributions welcome!

4 hours ago, goldenwheeldancer said:

Obsidian would break on impact. It's clearly made from charcoal..

Obsidian or flint make astonishingly good short swords. The terms "Saxon" is derived from the stone-blade knife-sword that had been used in the region for millennia.

Living in the original settlement region of the saxons, the flintstone we find here is from marine sediments of silica microalgae opal, fused into the glassy consistence of flint mainly under high pressure but not too high temperatures (given the surviving chalk structures e.g. of the belemnite cephalopods whose characteristic fossils are locally known as "Donnerkeil" (thunder wedge).

The blade is obviously not made for parrying or clubbing, but for slashing and impaling.

Other than obsidian or flint, the blade might also be made from lightning glass - fused and glassed silicate where a lightning struck. Such a blade would be highly appropriate to transmit magical damage in addition to stabbing and slashing.

Using obsidian might be a carrier for fire or heat magics. Marine flintstone might be good against Chaos if it carries similar searing powers like the Sounders or Syphon rivers that sear and leech away at the Chaos at their destinations.

Then there is dragonglass - also widely available in the Pass region.

A blade like this would likely be a weapon dedicated to fight special foes.

Telling how it is excessive verbis