Print Friendly Quick Start

Narmer

Which quickstart version did you download? The Seventh Edition Quick-Start Rules PDF (blue-and-white cover, with people in an ice-covered cavern inspecting an Elder Thing) doesn't have much of a page background, except in a few sidebars and handouts. (But it doesn't have layers, so there's no way to turn off those sidebar/handout backgrounds.)

You can also purchase a print edition of the booklet for $9.95 from Chaosium or Lulu if you prefer.

— 
Self-discipline isnt everything; look at Pol Pot.”
—Helen Fielding, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason

4 hours ago, trystero said:

Which quickstart version did you download? The Seventh Edition Quick-Start Rules PDF (blue-and-white cover, with people in an ice-covered cavern inspecting an Elder Thing) doesn't have much of a page background, except in a few sidebars and handouts. (But it doesn't have layers, so there's no way to turn off those sidebar/handout backgrounds.)

You can also purchase a print edition of the booklet for $9.95 from Chaosium or Lulu if you prefer.

It is the 7th edition.  The copy I downloaded yesterday has a grayish background and almost black borders  And it isn't layered..

Edited by Narmer

Okay, I think I see what's going on. The free PDF file that's available from Chaosium.com has been updated to include borders and grey page backgrounds. My copy of the PDF is the file available from DriveThruRPG.com, which has no page backgrounds or borders (and is also free, though you still have to put it in your cart and check out).

Try grabbing the DTRPG version? It seems print-friendlier. I'm not aware of any rules/content differences between the two versions.

• Thanks 1

— 
Self-discipline isnt everything; look at Pol Pot.”
—Helen Fielding, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason

35 minutes ago, trystero said:

Okay, I think I see what's going on. The free PDF file that's available from Chaosium.com has been updated to include borders and grey page backgrounds. My copy of the PDF is the file available from DriveThruRPG.com, which has no page backgrounds or borders (and is also free, though you still have to put it in your cart and check out).

Try grabbing the DTRPG version? It seems print-friendlier. I'm not aware of any rules/content differences between the two versions.

Bingo!  Thanks a lot.  That did the trick.  It's a lot better.  I appreciate the help.

• Like 1