RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha to be released in hardback next Friday, September 21st

MOB

Question about shipping to Europe

When ordering the Classic Fantasy book by The Design Mechanism from UK-based Aeon Games, the shipping costs are 2 sterling pounds.
When ordering the RuneQuest Glorantha book by Chaosium from their UK-based storehouse, the shipping costs are 19 euros.

Why is there such a difference in shipping costs? :huh:

Read my Runeblog about RuneQuest and Glorantha at: http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/

18 minutes ago, Runeblogger said:

Question about shipping to Europe

When ordering the Classic Fantasy book by The Design Mechanism from UK-based Aeon Games, the shipping costs are 2 sterling pounds.
When ordering the RuneQuest Glorantha book by Chaosium from their UK-based storehouse, the shipping costs are 19 euros.

Why is there such a difference in shipping costs? :huh:

Without knowing the shipping destination, I can't provide you with any details.

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

18 hours ago, d(sqrt(-1)) said:

MOB suggests that the odd P&P that Finnish/Swedish backers are getting is due to postcodes not being formatted with a space in the right place(!) I just checked my (UK) order and it too does not have a space in the postcode - does that also mean that my address is being interpreted as in the US (even though the country field says UK)?

If the postcode doesn't fit the format for the particular country, it defaults to US-International. 

For the UK, that's LETTER LETTER NUMERAL NUMERAL NUMERAL LETTER LETTER eg RG13YL.

1467448331_ScreenShot2018-09-24at11_27_53am.png.a24310faf6378c40fafff1064d663af8.png

Also works with LETTER LETTER NUMERAL [SPACE] NUMERAL NUMERAL LETTER LETTER eg RG1 3YL

13 hours ago, Stormwalker said:

I've just looked at ordering the HB - £9.91 does seems a bit steep - Royal Mail 1st class is half that.  Is the 9.91for a UK->UK correct?

That shipping price for UK is correct.

We hate the high costs of shipping, we make no money from it, and we are always looking for the best options. We have invested a lot of time and money setting up three fulfilment warehouses that decently cover about 85% of our main customers, something that was not easy for a company our size. Please bear in the mind compared to the Royal Mail price quoted, we have to include processing the order, picking and packing via the fulfillment company, a suitably robust shipping box, packing material etc. All expenses that are factored into the shipping cost beyond just the price of postage.

Edited by MOB
  • Thanks 1

Ok I ordered mine two days ago - I got the RQG leatherette for my bookcase, and the standard RQ for my gaming table copy. Cost me a pretty penny, but I've been putting money aside for the last 12 months to ensure I get this, so it's no dramas now.

It's gonna be great when they get delivered!

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

14 hours ago, MOB said:

That shipping price for UK is correct.

We hate the high costs of shipping, we make no money from it, and we are always looking for the best options. We have invested a lot of time and money setting up three fulfilment warehouses that decently cover about 85% of our main customers, something that was not easy for a company our size. Please bear in the mind compared to the Royal Mail price quoted, we have to include processing the order, picking and packing via the fulfillment company, a suitably robust shipping box, packing material etc. All expenses that are factored into the shipping cost beyond just the price of postage.

Dustin replied to my query to let me know it was correct too - thanks.

• Like 1

Always start what you finish.

Hey all, first post!

Same issue here - postage far too expensive. I sent an email to Chaosium on the weekend, but no answer yet. I've noticed, however, that the postage remains at £9.91 no matter how many copies of the book you have in your basket. So, in my case, and since the coupon for buying the PDF has no expiration date, I'll wait until the bestiary and screen pack come up in print (bought the 3 in PDF) before I get the hard copies. 

It would be good if someone from Chaosium could confirm that the three products together will ship to the UK for £9.91.

Thanks!