RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha to be released in hardback next Friday, September 21st

MOB

42 minutes ago, DreadDomain said:

@MOB will the pdf be updated to reflect the print copy or does the print copy already reflects the current pdf available in the download section?

The print files include all corrections outstanding at the time it went to press.

2129246478_ScreenShot2018-09-21at9_32_59am.png.28e966ca0958d1584c50482e4358c8a9.png

RUNEQUEST - ROLEPLAYING IN GLORANTHA in full-color hardback will be ready to purchase from Chaosium.com at Midnight, EDT on Sept 21 - in just a few hours!

—Hardback (inc. PDF): USD$54.95
—Special Leatherette Edition (+PDF): USD$100.00.

We have stocks of both in our US, UK and Australian warehouses.

People who have already purchased the PDF from Chaosium.com have been emailed a coupon. This gives you the FULL PRICE of the PDF off the cost of the physical book. (Check your junk/spam folders if you can't find it; otherwise, drop Dustin a line at: customerservice@chaosium.com)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MOB said:

The print files include all corrections outstanding at the time it went to press.

Of course it does. My question is more about how it relates to the curent PDF found in the download section.

1) Will the available PDF be updated to align with the print file?

2) Is the available PDF already in line with the print file?

3) Is the available PDF more "up to date" than the print file (and thus won't be updated to reflect the print file)?

4) We do not know the answer to the question/lost track of all te changes (which is also a valid answer).

5 hours ago, jongjom said:

No email with coupon yet. Chaosium cutting things a tad fine? 

Depending on server-configuration, a few thousand e-mails might take anywhere from a few minutes to most of a day; the coupon's ARE flowing, though!  (seems to be sent out via MailChimp, which I believe to be pretty robust and high-performance; but I've had my ISP-side mailserver repeatedly hammer a customer-side mailserver to a screeching overloaded halt;  some servers just aren't very fast...) 

Check spamfolders, verify you're checking the "right" (same as rdered the PDF) e-addy, etc.

If you still don't have your coupon, DO contact Chaosium!

C'es ne pas un .sig

39 minutes ago, g33k said:

Depending on server-configuration, a few thousand e-mails might take anywhere from a few minutes to most of a day; the coupon's ARE flowing, though!  (seems to be sent out via MailChimp, which I believe to be pretty robust and high-performance; but I've had my ISP-side mailserver repeatedly hammer a customer-side mailserver to a screeching overloaded halt;  some servers just aren't very fast...) 

Check spamfolders, verify you're checking the "right" (same as rdered the PDF) e-addy, etc.

If you still don't have your coupon, DO contact Chaosium!

It arrived (in the In Tray) a few hours after posting. 

Now just the wait until Chaosium's store opens up RQG to trade on Friday.  

6 hours ago, jongjom said:

No email with coupon yet. Chaosium cutting things a tad fine? 

Coupons have now all gone out*. If you didn't receive yours, check your spam/junk folder in case it ended up there. Otherwise, drop Dustin a line at customerservice@chaosium.com.

*If we release the coupons too early, way before the product is available, some people invariably will try to use them and get confused/vexed/even angry when they can't. Then we spend valuable time that could be better spent on other things explaining over and over to impatient people that they have to wait. Even though the coupon states you have to wait, such has already happened several times today, with just a few hours between sending out the coupons and the release. The closer to the product being ready that the coupons go out the better, we have found.

Waiting for the new RQG in hardback to drop at midnight? Fill the time reading Andrew Logan Montgomery's comprehensive review of the RUNEQUEST GAMEMASTER SCREEN PACK. As he says:

"If I have a chief complaint with the new RuneQuest GameMaster Screen Pack, it's that it is a very badly named product. Yes, there is a gorgeous gamemaster screen in there, 20 pages of handy reference sheets, sumptuous character sheets, tons of maps, and even a calendar... but what the team have really given us here is a living, breathing culture. The component they humbly refer to as a "booklet" is in fact a 128-page book detailing the lands and peoples of the Colymar tribe. It easily could have been sold separately from the "Screen Pack," but Chaosium has never been big on half measures."

The rest of his review here:

https://andrewloganmontgomery.blogspot.com/2018/09/more-than-screen-people-without.html

1847933389_ScreenShot2018-09-21at8_46_21.png.2bf5fde280647cf845c41eb9197e8b54.png

1 hour ago, MOB said:

Coupons have now all gone out*. If you didn't receive yours, check your spam/junk folder in case it ended up there. Otherwise, drop Dustin a line at customerservice@chaosium.com.

*If we release the coupons too early, way before the product is available, some people invariably will try to use them and get confused/vexed/even angry when they can't. Then we spend valuable time that could be better spent on other things explaining over and over to impatient people that they have to wait. Even though the coupon states you have to wait, such has already happened several times today, with just a few hours between sending out the coupons and the release. The closer to the product being ready that the coupons go out the better, we have found.

Well Chaosium is a fine honed and tuned company now, so this is what we should expect.

Ordered now with said coupon. Could not resist the leatherette version. But will probably buy the hardback in the FLGS.  

4 hours ago, Anunnaki said:

If it helps, the PDF from DTRPG (I don't have the Chaosium-direct version, so I can't comment if that is different from DTRPG, though I doubt it would be) is not as up-to-date as the print book (I snagged a copy of the print book at Gen Con). I am expecting an updated PDF at some stage and I believe it has been noted previously/elsewhere that once the print books "flow" out to customers Chaosium will be opening up the errata-snagging thread again to capture anything that sneaked through like the sneaky Chaos that errata is. 😊

Hope this helps!

Kind regards, James

It does, thanks!

Done and done - the coupon and everything worked smooth!

It was just early last summer ago, I recall watching the video preview of the Quickstart rules. Now, patiently waiting for these hardcovers (one leatherette and one regular), that seems like an excellent turnaround time for such an impressive and significant product. I'm not trying to blow smoke - it's simply a great milestone in gaming.

Congratulations, Chaosium team, and thanks!

Hi,

I made an order for the Leatherette version of RQG with a coupon (I boyght the PDF). I now realize that I was charged for postage from US instead of from the UK. Strange as I am a returning client and used my regular address. 

I want it sent from UK so that I dont need to pay tax and tariffs. I guess that postage is much cheaper from UK as well. Postage from the US is also quite slow.

How is this fixed?

1 hour ago, Soccercalle said:

Hi,

I made an order for the Leatherette version of RQG with a coupon (I boyght the PDF). I now realize that I was charged for postage from US instead of from the UK. Strange as I am a returning client and used my regular address. 

I want it sent from UK so that I dont need to pay tax and tariffs. I guess that postage is much cheaper from UK as well. Postage from the US is also quite slow.

How is this fixed?

I ordered yesterday and thought the P&P was bit expensive - I'm wondering if the same has happened to me, shipping was £9.76. Looking here: https://www.royalmail.com/personal/sending-parcels/ I would expect it to be about half that.

I've sent a query to customer service. Order 158579.

Edited by d(sqrt(-1))

Always start what you finish.

16 minutes ago, d(sqrt(-1)) said:

I ordered yesterday and thought the P&P was bit expensive - I'm wondering if the same has happened to me, shipping was £9.76. Looking here: https://www.royalmail.com/personal/sending-parcels/ I would expect it to be about half that.

I've sent a query to customer service. Order 158579.

I initially wondered that too. However, a parcel with £100 insurance would be £4.74. Add to that the cost of decent packaging and the place and people to store and pack it. That would add a few more quid. Still £2 more that I would have thought, but there again I don't know what the going cost is.

But sending from the US, let alone Oz, must cost much higher. It's a 3.7lb beast, before any sturdy packaging. 

If it's a few £ different no problem, but my worry might be that if it does physically come from the US, surface, it could take weeks, also (as Soccercalle says) possibly hit by customs, VAT and the ripoff charge for being charged (although books don't normally get hit you never know) 

My partner works in a PO, I'll ask her what she thinks... 

Edited by d(sqrt(-1))

3 minutes ago, jps said:

Shipping cost me $22.48, pretty steep. I have no clue if I was charged from the US or not.

The cost of send such a parcel from the UK is around $16. Add an extra $6-7 (this seems to be what the *additional costs are for UK customers) then it looks like its will becoming from the UK.

* Storage, packing, and packaging. 

Shipping costs have got a lot more expensive over the recent years. Having built up my RQ / Glorantha collection over the years I've seen a steady rise in shipping costs. Now there are many incidences were the shipping costs are very considerable compared to the cost of the item, especially when from abroad. 

Its worth remembering one of the factors that helped Chaosium almost go to the wall, before the change in management, was underestimating shipping costs. 

Try selling and shipping stuff and then find out the cost in your time and money: it ain't pretty! 

In this post:

MOB suggests that the odd P&P that Finnish/Swedish backers are getting is due to postcodes not being formatted with a space in the right place(!) I just checked my (UK) order and it too does not have a space in the postcode - does that also mean that my address is being interpreted as in the US (even though the country field says UK)?