Mini Scenario

M Helsdon

On 9/17/2018 at 9:39 PM, Pentallion said:

Thanks.  Maybe we can make this thread the place to post fan scenarios?

There may be a place for a pinned thread linking to fan-made materials, but if it isn't pinned then a thread like this will get buried. I will post a link to this thread on the wiki in the "free scenarios" section. I think each scenario, or each author maybe, should have their own thread to keep discussions relevant.

Done.

Edited by PhilHibbs
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Had the opportunity to slot this adventure into a weekly campaign and it went reasonably well, or at least the things I would 'want to better with' were all on my side of the ledger and not with the adventure itself. I added to the adventure by having a Grazelander PC acting as a kind of Aide de Camp presenting Queen Leika with the black arrow, and then riding between the two queens with messages.
The summary and time line made it easier to work out when things were happening and there were some strong, evocative descriptions. If you do another one - and I hope you do - putting these descriptions in a text box would make them a bit more accessible.
I created a few crude graphics by cannibalising a map, these helped players get where everyone was going and some of the strategic points you were making. I can share those if folks would find them useful.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Gryphaea said:

Had the opportunity to slot this adventure into a weekly campaign and it went reasonably well, or at least the things I would 'want to better with' were all on my side of the ledger and not with the adventure itself. I added to the adventure by having a Grazelander PC acting as a kind of Aide de Camp presenting Queen Leika with the black arrow, and then riding between the two queens with messages.
The summary and time line made it easier to work out when things were happening and there were some strong, evocative descriptions. If you do another one - and I hope you do - putting these descriptions in a text box would make them a bit more accessible.
I created a few crude graphics by cannibalising a map, these helped players get where everyone was going and some of the strategic points you were making. I can share those if folks would find them useful.

Thank you for your comments. This mini resulted from reading through the three official scenarios, and realizing that they overlapped events in The Eleven Lights, the end of which would be hard for anyone in Sartar to miss. It was an attempt to give a little cultural background and the opportunity to exercise skills. A GM could easily send PCs scouting over the river and encounter the [spoiler withheld] which feature in the third scenario.

Edited by M Helsdon

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for sharing this scenario. I keep track of the calendar fairly diligently - it just so happened that the adventuring party arrived back in Apple Lane precisely on Waterday of Death Week, so it couldn't have worked out any better.

Spoiler

If the adventurers volunteer to scout, I'm planning on having them encounter Vostor (from the rulebook) in the process of his desertion on the other side of the Creek, being pursued by the small scouting party of which he was a member just moments ago. I think it would make sense for the Lunars to be scoping out the area, and with some of the adventurers having Hate (Lunar Empire) passions, it could be interesting.