RQG in hardback and leatherette now available from Chaosium.com

MOB

And the system still want to bill me for shipping from the USA, despite UK being closest. I've typed the ZIP code in every possible different format but it doesn't change. Used pre-defined address or typed a completely new address. Doesn't work.

Edit: Ok, I finally got it working by changing all Swedish letters to English ones. I.e. å=a, ä=a and ö=o. Not ideal but it worked.

Edited by Dragonsnail

On 10/1/2018 at 2:06 PM, PhilHibbs said:

Has anyone else noticed that the title on the cover is not centered? I suppose it is if you take the spine into account. Just... looks a little out of place to me.

I see it, now that you point it out.

But after some time squinting, and turning my head, and holding up a paper to block the fold at the spine, and generally acting OCD & goofy, I conclude that it's better as-is than it would be centered on just the flat cardboard, without regard to the spine.

YGMV.

C'es ne pas un .sig

• MOB unfeatured this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'd downloaded RQG when it first came out (75382kb), and then the revised version July 3rd I believe (92803kb).  Now the version available from Chaosium.com seems to be a different size than that July 3rd edition - it's now 85598kb.

Question 1: is the version that is for d/l now updated from the July 2018 revision?

Question 2: is there some notation, somewhere in the product itself that would identify version from version?  I don't see anything on the copyright page.

Question 3: have any of the OTHER d/l products (bestiary, etc) been updated since release, and if so, (same question) how would we be able to tell?

THANKS

In the end, Glorantha is yours to do with as you will in your campaign. It MAY vary, it MAY ALWAYS vary, or it may NEVER vary. The choice is yours. That's a bit of the beauty of it. You have a HUGE amount of material to work with, derive from, ignore, or simply use as is. May, Will, Won't, Can't, or any other variant of those words only makes it all the more fun. Have a great game, enjoy reading the book. All are welcome.

• Like 2

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

YGWV

When it seems necessary, I am going to reply to some questions or comments with the acronym YGWV

Fans of my other works will recognize it as "your Glorantha will vary."

Here is means Your Game Will Vary.

What this means is that I do not expect everyone to use all the material that I write.

In fact, it may be impossible for someone to keep track of it all.

But in fact, I do not always use it all, and I absolutely do not expect every gamemaster to do so.

I expect every gamemaster to change, alter and adapt his or her game to whatever is desired by the game group. That is why it says "will vary."

The only condition that I place is that anyone who submits material for submission must keep it within my published canon, for the sake of consistancy.

Of course, anyone who publishes fan material is outside of this condition.

Enjoy!

-- Greg Stafford

Game Designer

Edited by Christoph Kohring

15 hours ago, Christoph Kohring said:

YGMV is a very useful acronym, especially in discussions forums like here: 

Someone posts something they've surmised about Glorantha. Ends what they've written with YGMV. E.g.

"In my Glorantha, the Durulz lay eggs because [states reasons]. YGMV"

Go with it or not, completely up to you.

38 minutes ago, TrippyHippy said:

When is the slipcase due to become available, if it hasn;t already been said? I am actually waiting with readied funds. 

When we have the slipcases in all three warehouses. They have already landed in Australia, but are still en route to the US and UK. We are hoping by mid March, but that is dependent on shipping and drayage (a useful term I recently learned - thanks @styopa)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MOB said:

When we have the slipcases in all three warehouses. They have already landed in Australia, but are still en route to the US and UK. We are hoping by mid March, but that is dependent on shipping and drayage (a useful term I recently learned - thanks @styopa)

Thanks, I want to get my order in quickly to ensure they don't sell out (the core book had when I tried late last year). I bought the PDFs from the Chaosium site already, so hopefully this gets offset against the overall cost which is an incentive in itself, but I've discussed it with my playing group and we have an idea for a campaign a bit later in the year (after we've finished Masks of Nyarlathotep, actually). 

2 hours ago, TrippyHippy said:

Thanks, I want to get my order in quickly to ensure they don't sell out (the core book had when I tried late last year). I bought the PDFs from the Chaosium site already, so hopefully this gets offset against the overall cost which is an incentive in itself, but I've discussed it with my playing group and we have an idea for a campaign a bit later in the year (after we've finished Masks of Nyarlathotep, actually). 

Everyone who has bought PDFs will be sent their discount coupons just before the books go on sale, so hopefully you will be primed and ready. 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2019 at 2:45 PM, styopa said:

I'd downloaded RQG when it first came out (75382kb), and then the revised version July 3rd I believe (92803kb).  Now the version available from Chaosium.com seems to be a different size than that July 3rd edition - it's now 85598kb.

Question 1: is the version that is for d/l now updated from the July 2018 revision?

Question 2: is there some notation, somewhere in the product itself that would identify version from version?  I don't see anything on the copyright page.

Question 3: have any of the OTHER d/l products (bestiary, etc) been updated since release, and if so, (same question) how would we be able to tell?

THANKS

Sorry, I hate to be the guy that replies to himself, but these seem pretty straightforward questions, or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1. Yes, it is updated since July.

I'm fairly sure that the PDFs currently available (main rulebook, bestiary, GM pack) are not the final versions that went to print. It takes quite a lot of effort to make a PDF version that is ready for release, and not bloated and slow. I'm guessing Jason has other things to do, and has punted this to the last minute and will get one out ready for when the new books go on sale.

2. The best way to identify a PDF version is to hit CTRL-D and look at the modified date. The latest version of the rulebook I have says 17/10/2018.

Edited by PhilHibbs

1 hour ago, PhilHibbs said:

1. Yes, it is updated since July.

I'm fairly sure that the PDFs currently available (main rulebook, bestiary, GM pack) are not the final versions that went to print. It takes quite a lot of effort to make a PDF version that is ready for release, and not bloated and slow. I'm guessing Jason has other things to do, and has punted this to the last minute and will get one out ready for when the new books go on sale.

2. The best way to identify a PDF version is to hit CTRL-D and look at the modified date. The latest version of the rulebook I have says 17/10/2018.

Thanks Phil.  I rather expected so.

Might be worth someone taking the time to put "revision date" on the download page?  Esp for a 'living' document that's seeing a fair amount of revision/tweaking.  I'd even say put it in the text itself in the pdf on the copyright page, but that might take minutes where a date on the download page would be seconds at most.

And of course my question applies to all the other pdfs as well - for example my Bestiary is dated 7/20.

For info, for Chaosium.com pdf, lastest updates are:
CHA4032_-_RuneQuest_-_Glorantha_Bestiary.pdf (29.30 MB) modified 10th of october.
CHA4029_Adventure_Book.pdf (22.47 MB) modified 6th of october.
CHA4029_RQ_GM_Reference.pdf (15.82 MB) modified 6th of october.
As well as new versions of files:
cha4029_colymar_clans_map-optimized.pdf
cha4029_south_peloria_map.pdf

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, styopa said:

And of course my question applies to all the other pdfs as well - for example my Bestiary is dated 7/20.

My Bestiary is 10/10/2018

cha4029_rq_gm_screen 13/09/2018

cha4029_rq_adventure_book 13/09/2018

Seems my work laptop copies of the GM Pack PDFs are out of date.

Edited by PhilHibbs
  • Thanks 1

• MOB unpinned this topic