RQG in hardback and leatherette now available from Chaosium.com

MOB

12 minutes ago, letsdamage said:

This will sound impatient, but I was wondering how long it'll be before books ship (in the USA). I placed an order on the 21st, but the status is still "Awaiting Shipment."

Thanks!

:) I feel for ya, but today is literally "the next business day" only....

4 hours ago, styopa said:

:) I feel for ya, but today is literally "the next business day" only....

Nevertheless... those fulfillment-centers had better get cracking, lest we cry havoc, and let slip the whingeing fanboiz!

😉

• Haha 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

8 hours ago, letsdamage said:

This will sound impatient, but I was wondering how long it'll be before books ship (in the USA). I placed an order on the 21st, but the status is still "Awaiting Shipment."

Thanks!

I received my shipping email with tracking order today for my order from Friday.  USA shipment.

Not me (also USA) -- still "awaiting shipping."

IIRC, it took almost a week for Bang to clear all the orders of RQClassic Kickstarter.  I have no info about how the RQG numbers stack up, but I presume they are (at least) as numerous as the KS orders.

So the orders are flowing, but it may take a while... 

C'es ne pas un .sig

36 minutes ago, Andy Evans said:

One thing I don't get is why Shipping from the UK warehouse to UK addresses is so steep?

Shipping of a similar sized book from say GamesLore or Leisure Games is £3.50, but from Chaosium it's £9.76, close to treble what others are charging. 

One reason might be that it's not Chaosium themselves that are storing, packaging and sending the item. Also the postage might be more given the choice made: more cost with greater insurance and if Signed For / Tracked. 

I don't know if they send it second or first class, but given the difficulty and delay getting it out of the Distribution Centre maybe second class would be better (£2.55 cheaper). 

I just had an update saying my order is "partially shipped", and a tracking number.  What company is shipping the book in the UK, so I can use the tracking number to track it?

The tracking number link in my account on the Chaosium site just redirects me back to my order status.

Edited by Psychman27

3 hours ago, styopa said:

Amusingly, it was shipped from Brainerd (2 hours north of me) to Des Moines 3.5 hours south.  :)

I'm amused.

Are you amused?

Or does the realization that YOUR book likely passed within a few miles of your home (en route to Des Moines 200ish miles away) blunt your laughter ...?

I am also ENCOURAGED --  Your "partially shipped" yesterday is today's en route!   And today MINE is "partially shipped ..."  Yay?

😉

🤩

😍

C'es ne pas un .sig

9 hours ago, Andy Evans said:

One thing I don't get is why Shipping from the UK warehouse to UK addresses is so steep?

Shipping of a similar sized book from say GamesLore or Leisure Games is £3.50, but from Chaosium it's £9.76, close to treble what others are charging. 

European shipping also seems both pricey and bizarrely priced. The postage to Switzerland from UK warehouse is $35.34 , which looks about two times what I use to pay for similarly big packages. On the other hand shipping to nearby Northern Italy is $ 22, still very pricey but less unheard of. Usually the rates from UK to Italy and Switzerland are more similar.