Dragonewt and Telmori werewolf PC's?

Grimmshade

41 minutes ago, Crel said:

There's some great rules bouncing around the web for playing Malkioni sorcerers, written by Sandy Petersen back in the 90's. I don't have a link, but I'm sure someone around here can help?... One of the nice things with BRP games is that different rulesets mesh together fairly well. However, it does depend on how canon-friendly you want your Glorantha to be. I'm not familiar with the nitty-gritty, but my take is that those rules (which sets up the West as pseudo-medieval fantasy, to my reading) are now considered pretty outside canon due to the Guide, which I don't actually own and haven't read.

I've been working on a sorcery writeup I'd be willing to share, if you're interested. It's a mess, and the rules are super "crunchy," which might not be a good fit for your game either. It's the rules my playgroup uses. It melds some concepts from M.A. Barker's Tekumel/Empire of the Petal Throne into Glorantha as sorcerous Saints of Stability and Demons of Change. One of the players in my group plays a sorcerer following Sarku, the Five-Headed Lord of Worms, who's all about the perfection of the intellect and lichdom and whatnot.

The guide was the only new book I decided not to buy, so I'm not super worried about strict canon. I wish the book of cults and gods was available, but I'm hoping I can get close enough to a necromancer with sorcery. I haven't made it through all the magic chapters yet though.

38 minutes ago, Grimmshade said:

The guide was the only new book I decided not to buy, so I'm not super worried about strict canon. I wish the book of cults and gods was available, but I'm hoping I can get close enough to a necromancer with sorcery. I haven't made it through all the magic chapters yet though.

IMHO RQG's sorcery has some really cool concepts, executed... mediumly. I'm guessing the forthcoming Gods of Glorantha book will be similar in style and content to the Gloranthan Classics one (which I wish so, so desperately they still had in dead elf). The sorcery chapter does come with a disclaimer that it will be further added to and expanded in future supplements, but I get that's not much help right now. As it stands, RQG's sorcery doesn't really have a good already-written way to play a necromancer. It's best suited for sorcery-using initiates of Lhankor Mhy (with a few other things tossed in, which give potential for further expansion).

I suppose you could come up with an Animate Corpse spell by using the Command technique to manipulate the Man/Body and Death Runes? I dunno how a corpse would be best expressed.

If you're interested in my own writeup I can PM you my current version. It's a work-in-progress, but could be helpful. I intend to eventually put a "finished" version up someday, but that'll be like months and months down the line.

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

7 hours ago, Crel said:

IMHO RQG's sorcery has some really cool concepts, executed... mediumly. I'm guessing the forthcoming Gods of Glorantha book will be similar in style and content to the Gloranthan Classics one (which I wish so, so desperately they still had in dead elf). The sorcery chapter does come with a disclaimer that it will be further added to and expanded in future supplements, but I get that's not much help right now. As it stands, RQG's sorcery doesn't really have a good already-written way to play a necromancer. It's best suited for sorcery-using initiates of Lhankor Mhy (with a few other things tossed in, which give potential for further expansion).

I suppose you could come up with an Animate Corpse spell by using the Command technique to manipulate the Man/Body and Death Runes? I dunno how a corpse would be best expressed.

If you're interested in my own writeup I can PM you my current version. It's a work-in-progress, but could be helpful. I intend to eventually put a "finished" version up someday, but that'll be like months and months down the line.

The Bestiary has some cool Zorag necromancer Rune spells that I was thinking about turning into sorcery ones. The sorcery section in the Core book is a bit disappointing. The only necromancy spell in there gives no real explanation how it works.

I'll definitely take a look at your stuff if you want to send it!

16 hours ago, Crel said:

... the Gloranthan Classics one (which I wish so, so desperately they still had in dead elf)...

Cult Compendium in $60 hardback (not the cheaper softcover) may still be had from at least some of their warehouses ....  I see it in the USA.

WHOOPS, no I do not, sorry!!!   No "Add to cart" button.   😞

Edited by g33k

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 9/24/2018 at 9:37 PM, Grimmshade said:

What would a "pyromancer" look like in the setting? 

We had a pyromancer in our old RQ3 campaign. Sparky Jack was an Oakfed Shaman who steadily became more and more deranged, as he embraced the Wildfire more and more. In the end, he had a couple of Agimori Shamans as apprentices and had a burning skull instead of his normal head. He could summon up a mean oakfed though, I think it was an XXXXL Salamander.

• Like 2

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

51 minutes ago, soltakss said:

We had a pyromancer in our old RQ3 campaign. Sparky Jack was an Oakfed Shaman who steadily became more and more deranged, as he embraced the Wildfire more and more. In the end, he had a couple of Agimori Shamans as apprentices and had a burning skull instead of his normal head. He could summon up a mean oakfed though, I think it was an XXXXL Salamander.

haha, nice